Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox Problems

Options
  • 27-04-2005 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭

I've been having some issues with firefox lately. It keeps freezing and i have to go into task manager and keep closing it down and restarting it, but sometimes it works ok. In the very bottom right corner, it says that an unknown error has occured. Im using version 1.0.3

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

What extensions are you using? Did you uninstall previous firefoxes beforehand?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

I had a similar problem with it a while back... it wasnt responding on certain sites (my blog, vodafone etc...) and when i exited it it displayed an error on the screen. Re-installing sorted my problem out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

have a good few extensions running with it

chatzilla
    flashblock
    adblock
    proxyswitch
    foxytunes
    weather updates

walnut theme

Yea i have uninstalled the older version. I'll just double check now, but i think i just updated straight from mozilla

i still havent been able to resolve this issue if anyone has any wisdom they could shed on things.

when i click stuff in a web page using firefox, it freezes and goes into not responding and i have to manually end the program.

any ideas as this is really irritating?? :mad:

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

If you're using one of the older versions with newish tabs and extensions then that might be your problem. It happened to me and I couldn't acess my email until I reinstalled.

It's a pain though when you have it all set up the way you want it.

• Advertisement

thats really weird that you should reply dublin's finest, i was just reading one of your posts in the soccer forum on team of the year!

so should i just remove firefox and then download it through internet explorer and install it again?

thanks

I should be doing college work so that's why I'm posting so much!

Yeah, it's a pain but I'd say you're best off to reinstall it from scratch. Open up the list off your extensions before you do and write them down or something so you can get them all back again.

I'd to do this 2 months ago anf firefox is working fine since.

me too. im half doing study for exams this week, half messing around on the internet.

thanks for the help. i tried this before and the same thing happened but ill give it another bash. how can i be sure that all components of other versions of firefox are gone from my comp?

Think you'll have to go into the program files to get rif of the lot.

yea, i got rid of it and redownloaded it. still seems to be a bit fooked up but not as bad. thanks for the help. ill try and fiddle around with it some more.

• Advertisement
Advertisement