Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Modelling

Options
  • 27-04-2005 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

while it is under the heading of Maths it really hasn't a lot to do with maths so please give it a look. Its about how tying a knot in a rope will shorten it.... Bit obvious, I know.

I am doing a computer science degree and have a Maths modelling question to do for tomorrow. I only got the sheet today from someone in my course. Anyway, I don't really know what I'm supposed to do. I've asked a few people in college and they are stuck too (there isn't many in as all lectures are finished). I've typed up the sheet I was handed so I would really appreciate if anyone could take 2 minutes to read it and make any suggestion at all as to what you think I'm supposed to do.

Also, I was told it was only supposed to be a page or so long (more if needed of course).

What my sister thinks I do is put seperate headings for Diameter of rope, stiffness, etc. and explain how each makes the rope shorter. ie. The bigger the diameter, the shorter the rope will be with a knot.

Any suggestions welcome, please.

Advertisement