Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell Inspiron 5100

• 27-04-2005 2:18pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

On this site here it tells you of possible graphics card upgrades
    http://www.bay-wolf.com/videoupgrade.htm

Does any one know if it is possible to upgrade to an ATI Radeon 7500 64mb?

My laptop is fairly decent. The only thing that lets it down is the graphics card.

I'd like to upgrade it.

Does any one know how I might go about it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Mmmmmm................. Its AGP 4x anyways. There are three trypes of gfx cards under that name as far as i know. See link : need to know which one you have try SiSandra, checked the dell spec and it says 16 or 32 mb card so its 64mb shared i reckon,as the ati spec shows.

Nukem

EDIT: Just had a quick look around and if its not the integrated type according to Dell the only other card setup for that lappie is the ATI 9000,you'd get a 20% increase in performace link

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I checked my specs last night. It says its the 16mb Radeon 7500 but it doesnt say if its integrated or not.

But i take it if its intergrated that i cant replace it.

I got this link from www.baywolf.com

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins5100/en/sm/palmrest.htm#110

which suggests that the graphics card can be "easily" replaced!

Must give a version or driver no. or something. You could google it and check it that way. Or e-mail Dell or ATI they would tell ya fast enough.
    You could try following that link and just open the case and see? Fastest way IMO but its up to you. Also the more i read the more im convinced upgrading to a 9000 is a waste of money.Its not a great card. It does run some newer games but at low quality. Its up to you.

Nukem

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Sorry that link should be

www.bay-wolf.com

Did you try this link here

Nukem

• Advertisement

0yeah ad a quick look at that.

I think I maybe wasting my time. Seems like two much hassle. I think I'll just but use my xbox for games from now on!

yeah had a quick look at that.

I think I maybe wasting my time. Seems like two much hassle. I think I'll just but use my xbox for games from now on!

Advertisement