Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday double-chance: Starting chips choice

Options
  • 27-04-2005 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

I haven't made it into the Tuesday double-chance game, so I'm still wondering whats the best way to use your starting chips. I would have thought that taking your full chips at the start makes the most sense, but it seems that a lot of the Tuesday regulars only take half the chips at the start.

So, full chips or half chips? Start with half chips and use table conditions to decide on when to take the other half? (i.e. if your table has some weak players with big stacks).

How do you Tuesday regulars make the choice (excluding the obvious "losing your first half"!).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Ive had the same problem lenny.

Having never played in tuesdays game ive been asking around about how to play on Saturday. Some people think its good to take the rest of your chips after level 1 if you havent made any profit by that stage. The logic behind taking the rest of your chips early is that at the start they will (hopefully) be worth about 100x BB. However at the break they will probably be worth only 10x BB.

Then again it is good having 'back-up' chips in case you lose the first half early. I think that I will be more likely to take risks if I have another 'chance'. Whether this is a good thing I have yet to find out! Ive been discussing this with 3 of my friends who are also playing on Saturday and who are also new to double-chance, and we've decided to just play it by ear on the day and see how it goes. You made a good point in checking table conditions...

Remember now that I havent played this yet so Im just telling you how I'm probably going to play it! Some of the other lads on here play it every Tuesday so they would have better advice for u!

Good luck on Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I'm gonna be taking them all at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Well, I'm going to take all of my chips as soon as I can, as I've been doing most Tuesdays. I think it makes the most sense and works best for me.

That said, most of the Tuesday regulars wait until they've lost the first stack or until the break.

Advertisement