Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you have done? Ten-Ten

Options
  • 27-04-2005 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi guys, down to around 18 players out of over 100 in the kilmurry lodge last night and i'm second last to act. Player on my left calls all-in with 12k, its folded around to me on the BB and i'm sitting on about 23k with pocket tens. Blinds are 2k-4k. He's a very good player and I put him Ax, i know when i see an Ace that low i'm all in. After a while, i'm not liking my chances against overcards and didn't want to ruin mt tournament with the tens. I fold and show the tens. Then he turns over-->> Pockets nines

In hindsight i think i shouldnt have been such a pussy (my inexpericne showed here to be honest), but can't stop thinking about this hand! What would you have done? Overall happy enough with my game, got some nice hands like AK twice and both times flopped JQT against the same player to clean him out. Another sweet hand was when i was the small stack after the break with 7k and i'm dealt pocket 7s. Its called around and the flop come 7-9-9, flopped the house. Its a family pot with three more players. Aggressive chip leader, first to act, earlier caught me trying to steal makes it 3k more to play. Its called to my right, i "reluctantly" call and its called once more. Next cards a blank, chip leader makes it 3k more, this time the payer to my right folds. i'm all in now. He shows me exactly what i wanted to see, 9x, he's got trips. I take the monster pot, you should have seen his face, he was sick after it, from first to worst. Eventually knocked him out with another plyer on the same hand.
    My game went downhill when i was in a big pot against one other player with AJ in my hand and Jxx on the board, turn brings a King and he takes it with AK, never recovered after that, knocked out at 12am after 3 hours of decent play.

PS Nicky you'll be "glad" to hear that out of all the money taken last night, €900 was to cover expenses!! The game was on in the function room so thats how they justified it, still, you gotta wonder...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

When people are getting shortsacked and desperate TT is far too good a hand to pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Your wording is a bit confusing, but I take it that the player who moved all-in had 12K with blinds of 2K/4K? If so, it's an easy call with TT... there are a lot of hands that he'll push with that you'll be a big favourite against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭DeLaBass

i thought as much. >>>>dumbass<<<<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Your first line says it all..."Kilmurray 'Any 2 Cards' Lodge"

PUSH THEM IN

Ok another comment ( i really can't let that TT die can I?!) I was just thinking that this was exactly the kind of situation i needed to be faced with in order to become a better player. So far, the other tournaments i played had no reaaly experienced players and no interesting plays. Its funny but yesterday afternoon i was just dying to be check rasied! lol, i think in future i'll be careful what i wish for...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 LordJimbo

No nuts no glory pal!

exactly

Advertisement