Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poetry in motion

Options
  • 27-04-2005 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Two weeks ago I started playing the six seater .25$ max buy in $25 no limit tables on Party Poker with the strategy of double the $25 and then leave the table. I was going along nicely enough until this bit of madness last night had me shaking my head in disbelief.

I had ~$40 going into this hand.

UTG (~$60) raises to $2
    UTG+1 ($42) calls
    UTG+2 ($20) calls
    Button (me) calls with 99
    SB ($25) calls
    BB ($30) calls

Pot = $12

Flop 9 10 J rainbow

SB + BB check
    UTG bets $5
    UTG +1 calls
    UTG +2 folds
    Hero calls
    SB calls BB calls

Pot = $37

Turn 9

SB All in
    BB All in
    UTG All in
    UTG + 1 All in
    Hero all in

Main Pot that I was contesting = $181

River 3

Rodge wins main pot with 9999
    SB had JJ
    BB had 10 10
    UTG had QKs
    UTG + 1 had 78

The best hand of poker I have ever seen, the odds of all this happening has to be something close to winning the lotto.

I'm also starting to think the quality of player on these tables isnt very high at all. Not that I am complaining or anything. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

thats class but you should have raised on the flop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

karlh wrote:
    thats class but you should have raised on the flop :)

Bottom set on a board like that is nearly always a fold if you get any action at all, because as well as being behind to a straight if anyone else has a set you are drawing to one out rather that just hoping for the board to pair, as Rodge showed. Somebody with TJ also takes away some of your outs.

Advertisement