Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaahhh the bubble

Options
  • 27-04-2005 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

so annoying, got down to the final table in a paddypower freeroll last night
    with the first place getting a ticket to the mayday grand final.

when it got down to the last 4 i was the only irish guy left... knocked out
    the last two and then it was heads up against a guy who really wasn't much
    good at headsup play.. He managed to stay in it when he bluffed an all in with 83 suited and i called with AQ only for him to hit an 8 on the river, so he's back in it and i make a stand with AJ and get called my KJ and he gets a King on the flop...

it went on till 2:15 this morning and now i've no ticket!
    he probably won't even bother coming over here to play as he was playing on VC and not PPP. so annoying.. wish i got knocked out first.
    looks like im gonna have a go at a few single table tournaments to try to get in.

bah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

hl gg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

unlucky...

my mate won the same tournament a few on monday night. 300 runners and 1 prize. a bit of a waste of time if you ask me but he managed to come first and get his ticket so that shut me up! Ill stick to the fitz freerolls. ive picked up about 7 tickets there in the last 2 months... online just isin't my game.

I think there is still some freerolls and STT's left so you can still win a ticket. If you managed to come second in that tourney you should be in with a chance...

Anyway hard luck but I hope you took it gracefully! My mate was threatened in the chat box after he got 'lucky' in heads up that his KK beat yer mans 99! Still it must be terrible to outlast the whole field and then get knocked out right at the end.

Oh yeh and if you think he wont come over here and play why not try to buy the ticket off him for half price or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

gracefully...!?
    my cursing was audible for miles around
    woke my girlfriend with it!!!
    im much nicer when i play in real life but online you can
    use and abuse online...

doubt paddypower would allow me to buy it off him and change the name...

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

good buzz.
    got a call from paddy power,
    they said that the guy who came first
    can't make it this weekend so would i like
    to play... sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

sweet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 pokerpaddy

BAD KARMA MIGGY - if that guy who whooped your ass saw your whiney post above....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

good buzz.
    got a call from paddy power,
    they said that the guy who came first
    can't make it this weekend so would i like
    to play... sweet!
    Now isn't that just lovely!!!! Oh how I laughed as I read your post.. that horrible Scottish guy who rang me said he couldnt go and asked if the REALLY NICE guy who came second could go in his place. "UNPRECIDENTED" I said but overcome with his altruism we bended to his wishes and gave the ticket to you. HA HA I hope you feel like a right meanie now!
    Well done and good luck shadow ;0)

Advertisement