Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any report on last night's Double Chance

Options
  • 27-04-2005 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭

Hi. Anyone here play last night's double chance tournament? Any reports as to who made the final table and who took the majority of the cash? Was going to go until I read ionapaul's report from last week stating that after 6 hours of good poker he came out with a nice profit of €45 and had to survive on 4 1/2 hours of sleep.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Live tournies are really slow so it takes way longer to get from 60 or whatever down to a final table which is always going to give poor returns in the whole €/hour scheme of things. Unless it's a really big tournament then the top 3 (or top 2) is where any reasonable payout is going to be.

If I'm playing a live tournament it'd probably be for the fun element rather than any suspicion that it's the best use of my time money wise.

On a side note I don't get that people complain about making €45 from a live tournament when they came 7th of 60 or 50. How much of the prizepool do they think they should be getting? Think about it in terms of how many people you outlasted. It's not really that many, the time it took to do so is immaterial. I have some issues with the way the Fitz does the 1st/2nd/3rd split (could have changed since I was last at a final table :)) but I'd also like to see them only pay the top 10% or less regardless of whether that means 4 or 5 people get paid.

It would stop people thinking making a final table was great and expecting to get well paid.

"I got to the final table and got feck all."
    "Dude, 20% of the tournament got to the final table."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Davey Devil and myself were 5th and 4th respectively. I got e200. Top 3 were Christy ?, Ted and Marie (Marrie???).

There were about 48 runners. So, I sneaked into the top 10% ;)

I started on Table 5 and proceeded to be moved to 4, then 3, 2 and then 1.

A very strange game with big stacks being built up and then being thrown away on sh1te.

For all you plumbers out there:

I was on BB. Late position doubles BB and SB calls and I call.
    Flop 345 rainbow. SB checks, I check and LP goes all in. SB thinks and folds.

I call, LP shows KK and I show 62s for a flopped straight. Happy days.

If he makes a half decent raise pre-flop I'm gone. Dont slow play them big hands boys and girls, free cards on the blinds are lovely sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

If you are referring to my post in the other thread, I wasn't complaining so much as simply stating the fact - in many Fitz tournaments you may get very little sleep for very little reward. Won't stop me playing mid-week each and every week, as I enjoy playing poker. How many played last night? I think last weeks tournie was the biggest Double Chance field yet, about seven tables, which is great to see, it is a fun tournie.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

BigDragon wrote:
    Flop 234 rainbow. SB checks, I check and LP goes all in. SB thinks and folds.

I call, LP shows KK and I show 62s for a flopped straight. Happy days.

Flop of 345 I assume ye big smarmy idiot. :)

musician wrote:
    Flop of 345 I assume ye big smarmy idiot. :)

Corrected and Correct!

Two hours sleep. Please refer to mid week games post.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

ionapaul wrote:
    If you are referring to my post in the other thread, I wasn't complaining so much as simply stating the fact - in many Fitz tournaments you may get very little sleep for very little reward.
    I wasn't specifically refering to your post, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

BigDragon wrote:
    Corrected and Correct!

Two hours sleep - you are the winner of the mid week madness :) I bet it was Marie Clifford in the last three, she always plays the Double Chance and more often than not gets to the final table.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

BigDragon wrote:
    Corrected and Correct!

Couldn't resist Dave sorry. Go back to bed.

musician wrote:
    Couldn't resist Dave sorry. Go back to bed.

Was at work at 8.15am. Bed is but a dream.

Just cause it's you Brian I wont go all kung-fu on your ass!

;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Marie won overcoming a big chip deficit when heads up against Christy, the crazy Christy who looks abit like Brendon O'Carroll. She got Aces to finish him off. Teddy was out 3rd. I got rivered out of it in 5th when Marie made a wheel on the river against my AQ, although I was very short stacked at that stage.

Missed my last bus so I invested my 150 in some cash action. Had a great table with a few horsey fellas from the country who were in the area for Punchestown. These boys had far too much drink and money, my favourite combination at the cash tables. Hands like me floping trip Kings and people calling me to "keep me honest", made it very profitable. Keep coming back lads your always welcome at The Fitz.

• Advertisement
Advertisement