Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting in tournies with a 9-5 job

Options
  • 26-04-2005 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Do many people here work 9-5? If so, how do you fit in live tournies or do you just play them at the weekend? I don't suppose there are any mid-week tournies that start early enough to be finished at a reasonable time (i.e. midnight)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

OhPinchy wrote:
    Do many people here work 9-5? If so, how do you fit in live tournies or do you just play them at the weekend? I don't suppose there are any mid-week tournies that start early enough to be finished at a reasonable time (i.e. midnight)?

DapperGent "Sleep is for wimps" @ approx. 3 am on PPP Omaha table.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I find it hard to reconsile playing mid-week tournies and arrived fresh at work at 08:45. Last week's Double Chance final table tight play (took an hour for the first final table player to get knocked out!) meant I got 4.5 hours sleep, after picking up a magnificent €45 profit for my 6 hours on the tables! If you place in the €100 game at least you should get paid for your lack of sleep - didn't have that problem last night, another poor showing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

its a pain in the arse is what it is.

i'd love to play in the fitz a few times a week but simply can't with work. the average final table finishing time is bout 2/3am if yer lucky and i just cant work on 4 hours sleep like the old days

*pops cod liver oil tablet

some nice weekend afternoon freezeout tourneys (€30-€50) would be great......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Same story for me also. I just cant drag myself into the Fitz thinking if I do well I will not get home till after 3, when I am up early again for work the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

It's an interesting question, 'cos it can be tough to do on a regular basis. I'm a flexi-time engineer so I don't have it as hard as a lot of other guys on here... I'd get away with an 11oc start easily enough. The main problem I have is getting through all the other poker stuff: trawling through hand histories, reading up all the stuff on 2+2, working on poker theory, etc. Beer and hurling has to be fitted in somewhere as well!

And Karlh, I think the Fitz is planning a regular 50euro freezeout on a Sunday afternoon... Oscar can probably verify as I think it's his baby!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

And Karlh, I think the Fitz is planning a regular 50euro freezeout on a Sunday afternoon... Oscar can probably verify as I think it's his baby!

Yea I was talking to him about this,it will not start ontill after the festival.Not sure how much it will be I have heard 20/30/40 amd 50 euro mentioned,whatever price it is this is a good idea.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

It's the reason the friday night tourney is my current fav.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

I find working 9-5 is actually perfect for allowing me to play tournies in the fitz. this probably because i start work at 9 in the evening and work in a card club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭accensi0n

*cough*

Advertisement