Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80gig + mp3 Players

Options
  • 26-04-2005 12:25pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭

anyone know of any, most play video as well but i'm not to arsed with that, just looking for a big mp3 player, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Could it be a player of archos or something?
    Thats all that comes to mind for me

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

You can get 60gb Ipods and 60gb Creative Zen but anything over that and you'll have to go for something like an Archos Media Player which plays mpeg4 aswell.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

hummm a 60 gig kinda defeats the purpose of me getting a big mp3 player...i remember seeing some brand where you could send them a hard drive and they'd intall it or you were sent the player with no nd, anyone seen this, and ya chuck in your own then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

To you have everything recorded in Lossless or something? It would take you 10yrs to listen to 80Gs of MP3's at a compressed rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Creative zen xtra's are easily upgradable to 80 and 100 gig drives. Although like what others said, why oh why?

Guide on how to do it can be found here but there is a known track limit issue(somewhere around 16,000 i think?)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

cheers, i had a stab at that with my old creative jukebox...it worked for two weeks and then died on me, its a bitch to get right

hummm i take it back, my old jukebox required me to copy an image of the hd onto my pc and back onto the new hd...this seems alot easier, i shall look into it, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

hummm a 60 gig kinda defeats the purpose of me getting a big mp3 player.=

lol, i find that statement ridiculous. as ricardosmith said it would be almost physically impossible to listen to 80 gig of music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

lomb wrote:
    lol, i find that statement ridiculous. as ricardosmith said it would be almost physically impossible to listen to 80 gig of music.

Unless it was recorded at lossless I said... ;)

Advertisement