Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice "dating" restaurants in Limerick city centre

Options
  • 25-04-2005 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

Was just wondering which restaurants do you usually go in Limerick town with your partner/date....was looking for something intimate but not too much, possibly quiet and with good food.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

depends what your into. if you want to really go flash you could try this place in the Clarion Hotel.

bella Italia on Thomas street is good too.

Im not well up on restarants in the city, but you should find some number at the link below should you wish to make enquiries.

http://www.goldenpages.ie/Results.asp?origin=HOME&rubric=select&what=restaurants&where=limerick

the ones either in or around the City will have the prefix (061) in their numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭oceallachain

yeah totally depends, if you want quiet then dont go on a saturday night.
    steamboat quay has a nice italian and an indian restaurant. san lorenzo and something else i can't remember.
    for fish you have moll darbys (small portions though)
    best chinese is jasmine palace in o connell street. really classy there too.
    luigi malones is very hip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

Thanks guys!

I was driving in town and saw Luigi Malone's from the outside and looks trendy, what type of food do they have?

I like italian food, but as I am italian myself I would prefer to avoid it on a first date....

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you want something a bit different try either Copper n Spice or Popadons (spelt wrong?) located down around the corner from ICON next to the market. Popadons is an Indian restaurant while Copper n Spice is mainly Thai food.

As already mentioned there are a good few restaurants down by Steamboat Quay including a Greek and Indian restaurant.

I was in Bella Italia (bistro) around Christmas and to be honest the food was nice but the place badly needs to be renovated.

Also have a look at Rogue Traders which is located over head "The Bank" bar on O'Connell Street. It recently fell under new management and the food is good. There menu is general European food. Nice place if you want a quiet candle light dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

ya i would say try copper and spice its not mainly
    thai food its indian/thai and the food is top class
    real nice setting i go there wit my girlfriend all the
    time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

If you want something a bit different, just 10 minutes outside the city in Bunratty, is a place called Gallagher's:- Food (its predominantly fish!) is exquisite and the atmosphere is real nice. Staff are super friendly too! The creamery across the road is supposed to be excellent too.
    Fat Zoe's is also nice on Patrick street. The Market square on O Connell ave. is quite nice too - very intimate, quite expensive, but very nice all the same.Mmm where else... as some others have said, copper and spice I believe is quite good too. I have been to Zwae-Ton on denmark street, with my lady and its pretty good. Food is different from your regular Chinese cuisine. TBH i'd stay away from Synergy (the european cuisine restaurant) in the clarion:- Food is bog standard and prices I remember were extortionate! They also have a sit Thai restaurant which is supposed to be sweet...
    The Thai Orchid overhead nestors (not sure if its there anymore) was excellent.
    Thats as much as will come to me now.... I could go on all night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

Thanks guys, you gave me too many choices now....will need to start a poll to see which one is the best :D

Advertisement