Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another "What to do in" thread

Options
  • 25-04-2005 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

The girlfriend and myself will in Waterford-bound for the June bank holiday weekend, and as tempting as staying in all weekend sounds, I guess we should have some options.

So, people of Waterford, sell me your city! Whats good, whats not? Where's an excellent night to be found, and what should be avoided like the plague? And some places to see at the afternoon would be nice too...

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

The girlfriend and myself will in Waterford-bound for the June bank holiday weekend, and as tempting as staying in all weekend sounds, I guess we should have some options.

So, people of Waterford, sell me your city! Whats good, whats not? Where's an excellent night to be found, and what should be avoided like the plague? And some places to see at the afternoon would be nice too...

Cheers in advance.

Well the other thread hasn't gone anywhere. ;)

As for something to do during the day, if you have a car you could head out to Dunmore or Tramore or any of the beaches. Or just feck around the town. :) The people's park is a nice place to spend an hour or two if the weather is fine. There's plenty of places to eat and drink, some of which were mentioned in the previous thread.

Downses, on Thomas St., is easily the best pub in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

There is another such thread in this forum? My appologies, I didn't see it. But thanks for the pointers anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭decies

Also if you want to buy your girlfriend some lovely jewellery check out heine Jewellers opposite the cathelic Cathedral. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭r@t

id suggest getting the first bus out of here- waterford is lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

merlante wrote:
    Downses, on Thomas St., is easily the best pub in the country.

Here, here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You own it then? ;)

Cheers for the tips on Downses, definatly give a call in there.

r@t, thanks, but we have out hearts set...

Advertisement