Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzwilliam this week..

Options
  • 25-04-2005 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

just curious as to what people are planning on playing in this week..

Haven't been into the fitzwilliam club in ages but I'm going to play on Wednesday anyway and probably either Thursday or Saturday and maybe Sunday nights game.

On that note, is anyone interested in a boards STT on Wednesday night before the main game for a ticket to the €350 game on Saturday? Ten players €40 a head with €25 to the fitz for letting us play it? I presume Luke would be ok with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I plan to play both of the big games (Thursday and Saturday), maybe one other tournie (Sunday night). Have to head in sometime during the week to nail down how much credit I have - I was in on Saturday for the free roll and asked Ken to check, and he showed me my credit sheet, which hasn't been updated since last month! Considering it has been over a month since I began collecting credit for the poker fest, I really want to ensure it is all in order before attempting to register for different events.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

At the freeroll yesterday Luke announced that since the renovations to the club won't be finished on schedule, some of the early tournaments in the festival will be split between the main floor and balcony of the Fitz and another venue (outside the club) whose name escapes me.
    McGrattans in the Lane, or Maguire on Baggot st maybe? I think he said it was a restaurant anyway.

So basically it's a good idea to reg early for the events you want to play just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

is there a schedule online anywhere? couldn't find anything on the fitz site.

wouldnt be too happy playing in a restaurant myself :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

karlh wrote:

wouldnt be too happy playing in a restaurant myself frown.gif

From Paddy Power: http://www.paddypowerpoker.com/pp_pokerfest.php

I plan to play Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and possibly Sunday, but I've other (beer-related) stuff to do on Friday and Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

karlh wrote:

At least you can get plenty of chips !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

karlh wrote:

?

http://www.fitzwilliamcardclub.com/tournaments.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

There was talk on the boards that this might be canceled. Anybody know anything about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

The 25 euro freezeout (Gutshot Challenge) is postponed until further notice.
    All other events are taking place as scheduled.

Spiritus wrote:

i apolomajize! :)

didn't think it was there when i looked.

*moves away from glass

There will be satellites running Tuesday 26th from about 2.30pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Is the 50 Double Chance still on as normal tomorrow??

Afaik

MadsL wrote:
    There will be satellites running Tuesday 26th from about 2.30pm.

you know if there are satellites in the evenings too? are they actually scheduled or just held as the interest arises?

2.30pm isnt very convenient for those of us who have to work to feed our addiction....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm playing in the Thursday and Saturday games, and i heard that the Saturday game is a double chance. I know the basic structure for this but does anyone know how much starting chips we get? Ive heard talk of it being 3000 + 3000 but others are saying its 5000 + 5000.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

rory check your private messages...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

roryc I've asked that same question and have been told that it hasn't been finalised yet. I hope it's 5k + 5K with at least 30min blinds in the early stages and 40-45 min in the later stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Hey podgeen didn't get any private messages. Whats the craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

The festival will be held in two venues. The second venue will be McGrattan's Restaurant, down the little lane beside the club. All registration will be in the Fitz itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

I'm interested in playing a satellite. Has the Fitz any plans for more? Tuesday was not good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

There will be sattelites whenever theres enough interest all this week from 2 30 every day. Chips and blind structure for the big one: 3500+3500. 20 min blinds first few levels then 30 min. Thursday will be 25min blinds all the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Skitbra

Are there any satellites going on today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Skitbra wrote:
    Are there any satellites going on today?

I think it was mentioned in another post that the Fitz is open everyday at 2.30 for satellites. rolleyes.gif

I'm sure the regular free-roll is on as well today at 4.30... anybody hear anything to the contrary? I have a ticket for the game, but my plan is to play this as well because it's the only way to get a good twelve hours straight in a tournament in Dublin (assuming you do well in the big one!). Good practice for stamina/alertness in the early hours of the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Skitbra

Yeah I saw someone mention about the 2:30 satellites but I wanted to confirm that and see how much it was? 2.30 is early. Will there be much interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭willis

can anyone confirm whether or not freeroll is on in fitz today at 4.30

Advertisement