Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FireFox 1.0.3 Issue

Options
  • 25-04-2005 8:52am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.

I upgraded to the latest version of FireFox, and it doesnt work at all for me. It loads, and you get the firefox window but nothing happens from there. You cant click the buttons or visit the menu items etc.

Iv re-installed. Then removed and installed it again.. still no look.

Why could this be? Iv never had an issue before like this, iv been using FireFox since v1.0

See attatched - Screenie of problem.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Try opening a second window, and see if the second window works.

With older versions, i used to get a "dud" windows sometimes. The first window that'd open wouldnt work. But if i open the first window, and immediately open a second (i.e. without closing the "dud") a workig window would open, and i could then close the dud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Yup that happened me before too .. also it could be a dodgy extension .. which you can delete manually

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Try opening a second window, and see if the second window works.

With older versions, i used to get a "dud" windows sometimes. The first window that'd open wouldnt work. But if i open the first window, and immediately open a second (i.e. without closing the "dud") a workig window would open, and i could then close the dud.

Window doesnt open :S

And I cant get access to my extensions cause i cant click it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Your personal area is corrupted or there is an extension freezing the software up. Generally when you uninstall this area isn't cleaned out.

This information is contained in..

C:\Documents and Settings\XXX\Application Data\Mozilla (XXX = user name)

I forget which folder but try moving the profiles out of that directory and restarting firefox. You will probably have to reinstall your extensions/bookmarks/etc.

Before you do that try logging in as another user and seeing if Firefox will work.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hobbes wrote:
    Your personal area is corrupted or there is an extension freezing the software up. Generally when you uninstall this area isn't cleaned out.

This information is contained in..

C:\Documents and Settings\XXX\Application Data\Mozilla (XXX = user name)

I forget which folder but try moving the profiles out of that directory and restarting firefox. You will probably have to reinstall your extensions/bookmarks/etc.

Before you do that try logging in as another user and seeing if Firefox will work.

Other account works grand, so just remove FireFox, clean out that directory and re-install?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Sully04 wrote:
    Window doesnt open :S

And I cant get access to my extensions cause i cant click it.

Start Firefox in Safe Mode (Start > Programs > Mozilla Firefox > Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)) and you should be able to remove extensions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭NóMur

I had the same problem a few days ago.

I started firefox in Safe mode and uninstalled the "User Agent Switcher" extension.

When you start in Safe Mode go to Tools>Extensions and you can uninstall them from there.

ya it was one of the extensions, agent switcher. Got it fixed now, cheers for your help :)

Advertisement