Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Book Thread

Options
  • 24-04-2005 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭

Am i allowed to have this in here or should it be in bargain alert?

Anyhow it's pretty much say where you can get a good cheap book and the cost.

Crash - J.G Ballard
    Life of PI - Yann Martel

Both 5 euro in chapters bookshopn on abbey street

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Both well worth reading too IMHO.

You can get a lot of the classics cheap in Easons on O'Connell street too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

That's a good price, but I do a lot of my bookshopping in Oxfam in Rathmines and for e3 you can get *immaculate* books there while helping a charitable cause - why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭ronano

jimi_t wrote:
    That's a good price, but I do a lot of my bookshopping in Oxfam in Rathmines and for e3 you can get *immaculate* books there while helping a charitable cause - why not?

It never occurred to me to check oxfam and the sort :o i shall

Regeneration - Pat Barker
    Complicity - Iain Banks

Both are 4.50 euro downstairs in bargain basement in hodgis figus(sp)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Lucy in the Sky

Watch out for Hoggis & Figgis summer (and winter) sale. They have thousands of titles, incl lots of newish books, for €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

If you can pick up the Life of Pi for €5, I would definetly recommend it. Great read

• Advertisement
Advertisement