Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DRUMMER Available!!

Options
  • 24-04-2005 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hey All,
    I'I'm looking for a band, I was playing some jazz-fusiony kind of stuff before, but I kinda want to get into something a bit more rockin'!
    I've been playing for about 10 years and am 25 years old. Big Infuences on me are John Bonham (Zeppelin), Fyfe Ewing(Therapy?), Matt Cameron(Soundgarden), Charlie Watts(Stones), Levon Helm(the Band), Jeff Porcaro, that kind of thing......
    I like to think that I'm not too fussy, but I have to say that I hate all that new-metal rubbish and I havent really enjoyed much of that whiney s**t that's coming out of the States lately. I'm well into the idea of fusing different music styles but I mainly just want to rock out at heart.
    I play a bit of guitar as well if that helps any.
    If anybody is interested then contact me here or email me at smullenbarry@yahoo.co.uk
    Cheers!!!
    :D

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Where abouts are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 smullen

Oh yeah,
    I live in Clontarf, D.3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Lonsrien

Hi ya,
    would you be interested in starting a band from scratch? thats what im doin... let me know..

Yeah, I'd be interested......what kind of music were you thinkin'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Donley_Ball

hey smullen im starting a band from scratch.a type of foo fighters,greenday,thin lizzy,the who,queens of the stonage type band.easy listening rock.im 24 from glasnevin and play guitar and have own gear and transport if u interested gis a text 0868648093

• Advertisement

Dunno. I hate Green Day and the foo fighters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Donley_Ball

well thats just the idea of sound i wanted to create in a band so ur choice cya

No problem my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Email Sent. ;)

Bump

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 cijer

are you into The Beatles, Oasis, The strokes. I've got a band and we're a drummer short. The last drummer was **** so we got rid of him. I've a **** load of songs written and ready to be recorded, y'interested man

Where are you based?
    Whats the average age of the band members?
    I'm not really into the Strokes or Oasis as I find them (rythymically) a little boring. I quite like the Beatles though.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Era Vulgaris

Don't know if you saw my post - we're looking to audition drummers at the moment. We play metal that's very melodic but also quite technical, you'd need to be able to handle 5/4, 9/4, 13/8 etc without too much trouble. The three of us are massive classic rock and prog rock fans but are playing metal cos we also love that and it's much more open to doing whatever you want. You can check out a couple of tunes at www.hxcmp3.com/Era_Vulgaris . Limb from Limb though is a thrash tribute and not indicative of our normal style.

There will be instant (well, as soon as you've written your beats) recording and gigging opportunities, we've already supported international acts in the south and north and have played with almost all the highest profile Irish metal acts.

From your list of influences I like what I see though I don't see any double kick drummers - this was lacking with our last drummer and something we really want incorporated to achieve the sound we want.

Have a listen anyway and get back to me if you're interested. We're all aged 23.

here's my mail: enigma2@oceanfree.net

Private message sent to you Era Vulgaris

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kheed

hey,
    if you've not found a band yet, we're looking for a drummer. we play mostly acoustic tunes at the moment with some djembe drums and badhran all original songs. Our line up is 2 acoustic guitars, bass guitar violin and vocals. Our lead guitar player is leaving the country for a few months and we hope to find a drummer while he is away and continue with us when he returns. we range in age from 22 to 30+ and all have gigging/recording experience we definitely are not looking for a metal drummer, just someone with ryhthm and imagination and subtelty.
    influences include pearl jam, neil young, kila, dirty 3, redneck manifesto, tool, slint explosions in the sky.....could go on all day
    a couple of our tunes are here, www.myspace.com/entheosinfo
    we've recently played a couple of gigs in the village and have a demo ready to launch.if you're interested drop me a mail to boddahdidit@yahoo.com
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭kheed

hey,
    if you've not found a band yet, we're looking for a drummer. we play mostly acoustic tunes at the moment with some djembe drums and badhran all original songs. Our line up is 2 acoustic guitars, bass guitar violin and vocals. Our lead guitar player is leaving the country for a few months and we hope to find a drummer while he is away and continue with us when he returns. we range in age from 22 to 30+ and all have gigging/recording experience we definitely are not looking for a metal drummer, just someone with ryhthm and imagination and subtelty.
    influences include pearl jam, neil young, kila, dirty 3, redneck manifesto, tool, slint explosions in the sky.....could go on all day
    a couple of our tunes are here, www.bebo.com/Entheosmusic or www.myspace.com/entheosinfo
    we've recently played a couple of gigs in the village and have a demo ready to launch.if you're interested drop me a mail to boddahdidit@yahoo.com
    Cheers

Advertisement