Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod mini

Options
  • 24-04-2005 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭

Hi :)

My lovely bf bought me an iPod mini for my birthday, it's so cool! :D

Unfortunately, my Dell laptop only has a USB 1 port :( Will it work properly with that, or will I just buy a PCMCIA card for it tomorrow? The PCMCIA card I was looking at has got two USB 2 ports on it, and ya just slot it into the side of the laptop. I've no firewire port either - but that doesn't really matter, coz the iPod mini comes with a USB 2 cable.

If it does work with USB 1, will it go uber slow? So would I just be better off getting the USb 2 card?

Thanks a million everyone :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

If it does work with USB 1, will it go uber slow? So would I just be better off getting the USb 2 card?

yes to both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

dont waste your money on a usb 2 card. it will work fine with usb 1. Just at a slower speed,. and considering you only really put a massive amount of music on once (when you first connect the ipod to your pc for the first time) and after that its only an album or 2 at a time. I had to load ~2 gigs onto a mini the first time, took about an hour with usb 1. But who cares, seeing as you'll only do this once! an album would take 7 or 8 minutes. Dont waste your money on a usb 2 card

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

You can get a USB2 PCMCIA card in Maplin for about €30 not to bad really I have used one and they work great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Well, it does work with USB 1. It's not that slow for transferring (but they again, I only transferred a small few songs on it). However it took forever to charge.

I have ordered a USB 2 card, so that should make it a whole lot quicker, yay :D

Thanks for all the help peeps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,398 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

i use mine with usb1 and find it fine. with regards to recharging you're better off using the wall plug i think, just easier and faster

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Incidentally there'd be not difference charging between USB1/2. Get the AC adapter. Does the iPod charge while your using it?

Advertisement