Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple monitors on single PC...

Options
  • 24-04-2005 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

Based on advise from this forum, I purchased 2 NVidia GFX cards and have 3 monitors hooked up to a single PC....

Its cool!!....I am using horizonal span so that my desktop spans the three monitors.

The problem is that when I maximise a window, it gets maximised to the two monitors that are coming out of the AGP card. I can drag the window so that it is on the third screen aswell, but, I want to be able to maximise so that it spans all three....

The main reason that I want to do this is so that I can play a video file in full screen on the three monitors (I have a custom video file that is very very very screen!).

Does anyone know of:
    - A way to make a window maximise to all 3 desktops, or
    - A video player that can take advantage of a three screen setup and maximise to the three, or
    - any other options?

Cheers,
    Jab

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Depends of your software, I used to use an NVidia GeForce MX440 which allowed you to either span two monitors (i.e. TV and VGA) or clone them.

Radeon s/ware doesn't seem to have the clone option, but it allows you to maximise to either monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

Hi Gurgle,
    I think the complication comes when using 3 monitors...2 is fine. Im not looking to "clone", I am looking to have the entire video span the three displays.

PS - I am using the software that comes with the Nvidia cards

Advertisement