Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firmware upgrade gone wrong

Options
  • 23-04-2005 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,534 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, my Samsung CDRW/DVD SM-332B combo started to produce error messages when id was burning a cd, so i checked the samsung site and it recommended i upgrade the firmware. I did this, but when i booted up after being asked to restart, the drive disappeared! Windows cant see it, and neither can the firmware upgrade software. Is there anything i can do? Samsungs site has nothing
    Samsung is not responsable for problems during the firmware upgrade. When you encounter problems during the upgrade, please contact a Samsung Service Center. If your drive is still in warranty please contact your retailer first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

eh not sure if its related - but if you search on the net for cdrom drives disappeared, there is a msdn article - you have to change something in the registry

EDIT- i think this is what you want http://www.siliconguide.com/qa/forum/messages/71.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 17,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

It gets worse! The BIOS doesnt detect it. Is it beyond repair?

How could a firmware upgrade have caused this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭irishgeo

You have download the wrong one for your drive. I did that but i managed to get it back.

Check out this site as someone might have a backup up copy of your firmware which you write back on. http://forum.rpc1.org

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Check for a faulty IDE cable. I had a similar problem with an Asus cd writer, replacing the IDE cable fixed it.

Advertisement