Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in Electronic Systems / telecomms engineering

Options
  • 23-04-2005 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭

Hey all, am thinking of heading over to DCU next year to do one of these masters - trouble is I can find no one who's actually done one so I don't know what they're like. Anyone here know anything about them? My background is electronic engineering in UCD, so I'm just trying to find out really how difficult it would be compared to that like. Anyway thanks in advance to anyone who replies :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭sroberts82

Hey, I graduated from UCD Elec eng last year and am doing the elec systems/telecomm masters in DCU. Its pretty good I have to say. Much more practical than UCD. In UCD I get the feeling they are training you for a Phd but DCU they train you for a job. The subjects are pretty interesting and only having to do 4 at once rather than 13 is a bit of a dream. The project seems much more interesting to. In UCD my final year project was on something that came out in 1982 and here its on something that is still in the drafting stage. If you do decide to do it let me know and Ill tell you what subjects to avoid and that. Would recomend it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Dublin7

blondie83 wrote:
    Hey all, am thinking of heading over to DCU next year to do one of these masters - trouble is I can find no one who's actually done one so I don't know what they're like. Anyone here know anything about them? My background is electronic engineering in UCD, so I'm just trying to find out really how difficult it would be compared to that like. Anyway thanks in advance to anyone who replies :)

Hey,

I did that course in dcu last year.
    The course, notes, lecturers are very good. Everything is done so that you can do it remotely. Dont think you will have difficulties doing it with an electronic engineering background. If you want more details you can check the webpage of the electronic engineering school in dcu (there are loads on that website) or pm me if you have more questions !!
    www.eeng.dcu.ie

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Advertisement