Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Swimming Pools

Options
  • 23-04-2005 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Which of the pools in Waterford is good if you just fancy a proper lane swim for a half hour or so in the evenings? Ive been told that Splashworld is ok, as is the Waterford Crystal Centre. Other than that there isnt anywhere else is there?

I dont fancy spending 40 or 50 euro a month on a gym with a pool, I wouldnt use it enough. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

Waterford Crystal is ur best bet then, Daytime is quiet usually. You have the pool to yourself most times if you go at 2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Aye Waterford Crystal is probably the best place to go. I'd avoid Splashworld if you're looking for a serious swim... too many fecking children!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Do you need to book in advance for the Waterford Crystal or is it a case of turning up on the hour? How long can ya swim for??

Thanks for the info anyway. How much is it by the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭IrishTW

Turn up on the hour.
    About €5 I think, or €2.50 if you have a student card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

Splashworld is not great for lane swimming.

• Advertisement
Advertisement