Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

12.1"/60gb/512mb/dvd+-r/AMD laptop for 1025EUR

• 23-04-2005 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

Well I dont know if this is a bargain but im looking for a really small laptop(with a 12.1" screen) and this is one i found, seems good:

The compact and lightweight Averatec 3250 is a great portable notebook with an excellent specification. Boasting the fast Mobile AMD Athlon XP 2200+ processor and a generous 512MB RAM, this ultra portable 2kg notebook features a durable magnesium alloy chassis to create the perfect mobile companion for business and home users alike.

* Mobile AMD Low Voltage Athlon XP 2200+
    * 512MB DDR SDRAM
    * 60GB Hard Drive
    * DVD Dual Layer Drive - To read DVDs and CDs and write CDs, DVD+, DVD- and large Dual Layer DVD
    * 12.1" XGA TFT Screen
    * Integrated S3 UniChrome Pro with 64MB shared graphics
    * Integrated wireless 802.11g LAN
    * 10/100 Wired LAN & 56k Fax/Modem
    * 3.5 hour battery life, just 2kg in weight!
    * Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Pre Loaded
    * 1 Year collect and return warranty
    * American (US) layout keyboard
    * FREE BAG AND VODAFONE CARD! Order this laptop by phoning 0845 226 2236 and recieve a FREE Targus CNXS1 laptop bag and a FREE Vodafone GPRS Card, saving you nearly £100!

£699. 00 inc vat

Thats roughly 1,025 eur.. good deal considering PCworld has a sony one with a 10" screen, 40gb etc for like 2400eur.

edit forgot link:
    http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/asp/product.asp?recorprod=1&product=331&cat=106

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

not the niceist looking thing but for that price its a good deal esp with card and targus bag. I'd look into the brand etc. see what parts thy use for hard drive etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

dawballz wrote:
    Thats roughly 1,025 eur.. good deal considering PCworld has a sony one with a 10" screen, 40gb etc for like 2400eur.

edit forgot link:
    http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/asp/product.asp?recorprod=1&product=331&cat=106

In fairness, the one in PC World is a 60gb, a 1.7GHZ Centrino and a Sony! I'd say the sonys performence would be a great deal more then that laptop. Comparing the two doesnt really work, cos they are in different leagues.

They have some nice 14" HP machines for 1399, which are 1.7 Centrino's with 512mb/60GB/128mb/wifi/bluetooth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Jammer wrote:
    In fairness, the one in PC World is a 60gb, a 1.7GHZ Centrino and a Sony! I'd say the sonys performence would be a great deal more then that laptop. Comparing the two doesnt really work, cos they are in different leagues.

But worth 1500eur more? I think not...
    AMD's arent all that bad either.
    I was basing them on being "portable" style laptops, thats all..
    Yeah I saw the HP one too.. it's nice alright..I thought it had 80GB though..

Advertisement