Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Folding bullets

Options
  • 23-04-2005 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭

Playing a tournament the other night. I'm chip leader(about 11k) by far and a guy who's got a decent stack(about 6k) raises all in while i'm on the button Blinds are 100/200 and I look down to bullets. I spent ages deciding as I don't need the chips but hey, i'm well ahead, and i wouldn't mind taking this guy out because he's the only decent player at the table. I call his all-in reluctantlywhich is only about half my chips. He turns over QQ. I lob over my Aces. He hits Q high flush on the river!
    In this situation I'm convinced i should have folded! Am i right in thinking this was a mistake? Could you fold bullets preflop? More of a philosophical question i suppose?? Is there ever a situation where you could in reality muck American Airlines???
    Where do babies come from?????
    Why do calling stations say 'raise' when they're really only 'betting'? And why oh why do I keep winning against the odds with Jack Ten suited?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭allin-king

is this a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I would often fold AA out of position, in position I advise getting in if its cheap; auto fold if you miss your set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭BrendanB

Yeah, they're so tricky to play UTG, you just never know where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I've never lost a hand where I've had the Aces (1,344 times). I was taking to bohsman and he said he had lost with AA once, but apparently the dealer misread the hands and he had actually won.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

AA is a good hand and as Lafortezza correctly pointed out Im unbeaten with them the last 748 times Ive had them other than "the incident" but then Im a very lucky player, its good to keep records of how often you win and lose with them because then you can tell if the RNG is right or not or if youre a lucky player.

But remember the one golden rule in poker
    Never ever tap the aquarium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Jebus Lafortezza 750+ unbeaten, Ive had the AA cracked about 3/4 times in the fitz and its generally against pre-flop all-ins facing off agaisnt KK's.

memorable ones
    (both all ins preflop)
    AA v KK
    beaten by trip K's

AA v KK
    flip comes A 10x
    triple A's i'm laughing! :D
    turn J (still think i'm safe :| )
    river of course a Q and i'm walking, :( Grrrrrrr This is a particully tough beat imo as i'm tripped and he rivers teh only card that can save him.
    Freakishly Joe (Fair city) calls it B4 we turn over cards, points to me u have AA's and you have KK's!!!!!! :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 LordJimbo

Bit of a stupid question lads but what does 'Never ever tap the aquarium' mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

It disturbs the fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 LordJimbo

Yea i looked it up thanks

Advertisement