Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAB in mayo

Options
  • 22-04-2005 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi all
    can anyone tell me if you can get DAB radio in mayo at all ie (westport) from the north of ireland?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Ulsterman 1690

You might have some luck on top of Croagh Patrick :D
    Otherwise not a hope :(

Unless you can get a UHF or FM signal from one of the main NI transmitters (without the help of "deflectors") you are wasting your time even thinking about DAB

Of course you can recieve dozens of digital radio signals from the UK (and elsewhere) with a dish pointed at 28 degrees east and either a digibox or FTA reciever and (with a couple of exceptions such as talksport) its all absolutely FREE !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 westportman

You might have some luck on top of Croagh Patrick :D
    Otherwise not a hope :(

Unless you can get a UHF or FM signal from one of the main NI transmitters (without the help of "deflectors") you are wasting your time even thinking about DAB

Of course you can recieve dozens of digital radio signals from the UK (and elsewhere) with a dish pointed at 28 degrees east and either a digibox or FTA reciever and (with a couple of exceptions such as talksport) its all absolutely FREE !

Hello there, i can get Radio 1 sometimes when there is high pressure over us and that comes from the davis mast. and i can get FM104 to. so may be there may be a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Ulsterman 1690

Well then there may be some chance (although I daresay you will need a high gain band 3 aerial) but most of the time youre unlikely to hear anything

For the same money you could get a dish/box and have digital radio ALL the time

Advertisement