Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larger Clothes?

Options
  • 22-04-2005 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Does anyone know where you can get decent looking clothes in larger sizes in Dublin? I've found that most size 40 trousers/jeans don't fit me anymore and the same goes for XXL tops being quite tight, and I haven't come across anything whatsoever that I felt comfortable in.

My own clothes are 38-40, XL & XXL and I have a few comfortable bits and pieces, always did most of my shopping in Burtons. I guess some of my clothes have stretched with me(I've gained a bit of weight in the last few months since moving from an active job to an office and getting a car, but that's a whole other issue to be worked on)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Not what you're asking for but a gym membership would probably be cheaper than having to buy a new wardrobe and if you do lose the weight after buying new clothes they'll be useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I'd say that trying to lose the weight would be best too. Not in a terrible crash diet thing, but gradually. You'll be able to find clothes that you like that fit easily and feel better for it. It's really not hard once you get into a routine. That's what I'm doing to try get back to my size 10 self and it feels great. Just cut out snacks, have diet versions of drinks like Coke and Sprite(Coke has 43 kcals per 100mls) and just make a conscious effort to stay away from unhealthy food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Anyone interested in actually answering the question rather than dishing out patronising advice? I think there is a place somewhere in Dun L, beside bloomfields, I've heard they do good basics. Catalogues perhaps?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

If you're a guy, there is a place out in dundrum across the road from the goat. They're no good if you're very tall though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Mr Big And Tall in Dundrum does big clothes (the name gives it away) I had a brief look in one day, seemed ok, I was looking for tall mans jeans though and I think they cater more for the big man than the tall man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

Thats the one, I couldn't remeber the name of it. Its not so good if you're above average height though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

hey rururu
    your about the same size as my dad he goes to the great out doors and other sports stores theres one in blanch they go up as far as xxl. gant in bt goes up to xxxl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Try M&S about 18 months ago they decreased all their sizes so that a 18 became a 16, a 16 became a 14. The idea was that fat people would shop there cos they could fool themselves into buying smaller clothes.

But seriously wouldn't it be better to lose weight????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

Evans do big sizes.

Advertisement