Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

using TV as screen for laptop.

• 22-04-2005 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

Well I have an acer ferrari and i have some personal movies on avi that I would like to watch on a TV.
    What do I need?
    I've attatched a pic of the rear of my lappy so you can see what ports etc I have.
    Would I just need a cable..
    Im also aware that the TV would need to have certain inputs also, but I'm not worried about that cos there is loads of TV's around my house, so at least one must have what i need..
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

number 6 svideo out

get an s-video to yellow rca in maplins
    then plug it into the yellow rca on your tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

thanks for the fast reply. will do that.

actually would it be possible to get svideo to scart?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

well theres alot of problems with it,
    best to go s-video to yellow and then to scart if neccesary

k thanks a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

dawballz wrote:
    actually would it be possible to get svideo to scart?

Do a search. Plenty of pain about this one documented on Boards.ie. My pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

You'll need to consider audio too. Ideally that should come out of the TV. I sometimes use a digi-sender to beam AV to my TV. Works well.

You should be able to get a 3.5mm stereo jack to red-and-white composite cable easy enough. Your TV might have red, white and yellow composites. Use these.

Advertisement