Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Cow - Any Report?

Options
  • 22-04-2005 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭

Any report from Mad Cow tourney last night?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pokerevents

Hi Culchie,

On holiers in Slovenia and wireless is playing up big time.
    I indeed was at the Redcow on Thursday for a pretty good tournament.

180 runners.˘11,000Euro prizefund, including 10 tickets to the super on May27/28.
    Also the usual high hand and bounty player awards.
    At Final table something I ve never seen before happened.
    When down to four players(some familiar faces Karl longmore/Anto o Callaghan)all on different size stacks did a deal with 8k in pool for last 4 players. Guess what, 2k each, the four lads jumped up and shook hands including chip leader who had over well two times the small stack.
    Anyway thats the type of tourney it is, very friendly, with many players treating it as their night out.
    This 55euro buy in event is back in redcow on thursday week.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

How many rebuys were there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

NickyOD wrote:
    Like clockwork! :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its a valid question... The IPPTC requires rebuys to be transparent and open to review by the players. The Fitz do it, Roscrea did it, Paddy's do it at all their tournies.
    To claim you comply requires open transparency. Also, the prize pool is not only guarunteed but also "capped", that should be clear which I havent seen said once.

DeV.

lafortezza wrote:
    Like clockwork! :)

Well the initial buy ins alone add up to 9K, so there must not have been very many. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Anyway thats the type of tourney it is, very top-heavy, with many players treating it as a crapshoot.

Corrected.

Here we go again.
    To once again verify the satelitte structure.
    100% of initial buy-in goes into prizepool.
    50% of ALL re-buys and top-ups goes into prizepool with other 50% going towwards the production costs of event.
    This is printed on flyer and displayed at registration desk with all tournament rules.
    The m.c broadcasts format before the first hand is dealt in case anyone did not recieve flyer/rules.
    And guess what not one player has complained or asked for their monies back.
    Funny that the actual people that have played pokerevents events are 100% satisfied with tournament and the way it is run. This is quite a achievment as I m hearing all sorts of complaints about other tournaments that have recently started.(with some seasoned players describing them as mickey mouse)
    The facts are pokerevents smaller satellites are not capped all buy-ins and re-buys increase prize pool and all re-buys and top-ups are displayed on pokerclock. Any players that have partiscipated in these events have confirmed all of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

And the answer is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

MadsL wrote:
    And the answer is?

Does anybody really care any more?
    It sounds like Fintan is running a good event which is a welcome addition to the poker scene. From all accounts I've heard, it is a great night out.

Give the guy a break and quit the nitpicking.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its the "I'm bringing poker to the people... *wounded look*" that grates I think. Personally I dont have a problem with making money from Poker events, I do already. What I have a problem with is people walking away from crappy low-value, high buy in events and saying "well if thats poker, I want none of it".

To be fair, Fintan has cleaned up his game a lot from the first games in Galway. I heard a LOT of complaints about those due to the capping of the prizepool. This change of heart could well be atttributed to the pressures brought to bear here, or perhaps not. I dont care but if Pokerevents want feedback and discussion on these forums, then they take the good with the bad.

I will make one point, taking a percentage of the prize pool is not IPPTC compliant. Costs should be covered from the reg fee or from sponsors.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

As a group we have a tendency to be quite inhospitable to the likes of Fintan on this forum. If I was in his shoes I would have stopped posting about the events here long ago. He gets bugger all people actually attending his events, and the ones that don't just bitch at him. I am not a freind of Fintans, I have never even met him, I just think that this is a bit ridiculous. Tom in a previous post I think Fintan said that his tournament that are currently scheduled would not be compliant to the IPPTC, but that he would try and get there gradually. Also unless you are a card club with fixed costs and income from other games it is very difficult to be IPPTC compliant.

I understand that there have been events lately that have ripped the punters off, and I am as upset as anyone about this, but I do not see this as a reason to not give other tournament organisers the benefit of the doubt. Anyone fromthese forums who has played one of these events (with the exception of Nicky in one of the early tournaments) seems to have been happy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭pokertroll

Fair enough but it has been discussed in detail already in other threads and is getting boring now.
    This thread is titled 'Mad Cow - Any Report' not 'Mad Cow - How Many rebuys?'
    Fintan shouldn't have to provide details about rebuys etc everytime he provides a report. Do we ask the same of other tournaments?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

pokertroll wrote:
    Fintan shouldn't have to provide details about rebuys etc everytime he provides a report. Do we ask the same of other tournaments?
    Why not? With the way the tournament is run the amount of rebuys determine the amount of rake. We wouldn't be shy about asking anyone else what the rake for their tournament was.

Waylander, please point out where I have gotten involved before on a thread on Pokerevents events. I havent. I keep a professional distance and simply monitor the forums. As Admin of Boards I step in to protect the discussions that are had here. I havent once tried to stop Fintan from informing us of events he's running, I merely direct what is and isnt ok to discuss here.

From the IPPTC point of view I think we've got a great piece of work there, flexible enough to accomodate all and yet still protective of the players. Certainly the players I've spoken to in the North West have been extremely supportive of the idea. I hope that eventually it becomes the standard for poker events around the country and I'll champion it at every opportunity. I wont be attending non-compliant tournies, but thats my personal choice.

DeV.

Here we go again.
    50% of ALL re-buys and top-ups goes into prizepool with other 50% going towwards the production costs of event.
    This is printed on flyer and displayed at registration desk with all tournament rules.
    The m.c broadcasts format before the first hand is dealt in case anyone did not recieve flyer/rules.
    Funny that the actual people that have played pokerevents events are 100% satisfied with tournament and the way it is run. This is quite a achievment as I m hearing all sorts of complaints about other tournaments that have recently started.(with some seasoned players describing them as mickey mouse)
    The facts are pokerevents smaller satellites are not capped all buy-ins and re-buys increase prize pool and all re-buys and top-ups are displayed on pokerclock. Any players that have partiscipated in these events have confirmed all of the above.

Fintan once again you've insulted my intelligence by avoiding a question and deflecting the thread in a different direction. You also avoided answering the same question when I asked how many rebuys there were in Cork a few Mondays ago. Why do you get up on your high horse everytime. Just answer a simple question.

How many rebuys?

If 50% went back in then that's only 80 rebuys/add-ons out of 180 players.

Are you saying there were only 80? How much are the bounty and high hand awards and are those prizes taken from the prizepool also?

180*50= 9,000
    80*25=2,000
    Total Prizepool 11K.

Also the fact you expect players that rebuy to pay $30 in fees is completely ridiculous considering in the supersatelites players only pay $25 on top of $250. You may advertise it as a $50+5 double chance, but that in my view is merely an attempt to wash over the fact that anyone who rebuys is effectively paying $75+$30.

Fintan would you play in a $75+30 event? No bloody way, and if it was advertised this way neither would anyone else, and I'd love to know who these seasoned players are because any player worth his salt would never play in a tournament with such poor value.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Here we go again.

Remove me from your sms spam list. Also I want all information regarding myself removed. I'm the guy you hung up on when I tried to remove myself from it last time. Personally I think you are as dodgy as **** and I want nothing to do with you. I'd ban you from this forum in order to keep it free from your crap but I'd be doing it for personal reasons which I guess is unethical or something.

To sum up my experience with you

Spin, Skim, Spam, Repeat.

Sorry people for answering your Questions sooner, but I m on holidays in Slovenia.
    Amp I dont recall hanging up on you. I do recall a very aggressive phonecall from a player who said he did nt want text messages. I assume now this to be you. If you remember the conversation I explained clearly all players who partscipate in our events sign up to be pokerevents club members. All members are recieve free sms about upcoming events. This is described in detail on home page of website. I m not sure why firstly you have a negative opinion of myself and secondly why you would nt be man enough to voice it face to face instead of posting it on a discussion site in public. I m sorry but I cant possibly take anything credible from what you posted.

Nicky I am not insulting your intelligence in any way. I dont have figures on hand as I m abroad. However I can tell you all re buys and top ups from red cow were posted on pokerclock and 50% of these went directly into prizepool.
    Can some player on boards who was at red cow please verify this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Devore that was not a personal attack on you, I was talking about the general reception on the forum, hence the word We was used. The part of my answer that was directed to you was about the IPPTC. Also I did not criticise the IPPTC, I think it is a good idea, I merely pointed out that he has said before his tournaments do not yet comply.

amp , please e-mail me your name and number and make sure you are removed from sms list when I return.

All members are recieve free sms about upcoming events.

http://www.pokerevents.ie/membership.asp

I signed up on the website and recieved a blank email but I never recieved any SMS or emails about upcoming events. I did get a CD in the post encouraging me to install VCpoker and create a real money account to qualify for the IPT online. I'm not sure where they got my address or how they knew I was interested in the IPT.

I haven't receieved my complimentary copy of Cardplayer or Poker Europe either. Of course since the email you sent is blank I can't print it to claim those but I notified info@pokerevents.ie twice about that and didn't get a response.

Can I have my membership card and a copy of the constituion atleast? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Firstly , regarding free issues of pokereuropa and cardplayer, we recieve several hundred f.o.c per month in turn we pass these on to our members f.o.c. At each event you will notice a display unit with mags with sign thats says TAKE ONE FOR FREE.
    I m not sure why you don t recieve any sms about upcoming events, the only reason I can think of is you are not from Cork, Dublin or Galway, as these are where are events are held the administrator may have decided not to include you on list, as you are from Limerick. As I said I m not sure, I will check it out. You are a registered member and when I arrive back I ll add you to sms list.
    I have a full drawn charter of club which is freely available and have no problem giving you copy. Just have the courtesy to approach and ask me at any event you attend.
    Finally Nicky can you forward the e-mail that you say you sent twice with no reply. I m very particular about responding to every mail I recieve. I would be interested to find out why your mail did nt get a answer.
    You can e-mail or phone me any time if you want to discuss anything or offer your very constructive advise.
    Fintan.

Whoops. All those leggy women working for you must have distracted me from the magazines 'cos I haven't seen any. :D

As for the emails I don't set hotmail to keep my sent messages so I don't have a record of them. It may have just been through the "contact us" form on the website, I can't remember which, as it was a couple of months ago, but I signed up a few times on the website I just kept getting blank e-mails.

Advertisement