Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MarxComputers -VS- Creative.ie

Options
  • 22-04-2005 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking to buy a set of speakers for about €30 and it looks like it's going to between either these (3rd from the top) or these.

I'm basing this purely on price alone. If anyone has any knowledge of the two and which is better, please let me know. Of course, if you know of any better ones for the same price or cheaper, please let me know too. Also if anyone has any good ones to sell for about €30, please let me know:) In Wicklow/Dublin area!

Thanks

Note: I will be collecting from marxcomputers and creative deliver for free so delivery costs wont be an issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

cormie wrote:
    Hi,
    I'm looking to buy a set of speakers for about €30 and it looks like it's going to between either these (3rd from the top) or these.

I'm basing this purely on price alone. If anyone has any knowledge of the two and which is better, please let me know. Of course, if you know of any better ones for the same price or cheaper, please let me know too. Also if anyone has any good ones to sell for about €30, please let me know:) In Wicklow/Dublin area!

Thanks

Im always dubious of any manufacturer or retailer that lists speaker performance in PMPO (5 million Watts!?) instead of RMS.

Also, you could likely get the Creative set cheaper from Komplett or something.

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

PMPO isn't a guide to how good the speakers are, its a marketing gimmick. Personally, i wouldn't touch PMPO as theres no way of actually telling what performance rating they actually are in proper numbers.

Buy the ones from creative, at least you know they each speaker can output at 3watts. For the life of me i can't figure out how to convert 1500watts PMPO to RMS.

Best guess i can make is divide by 150, and distribute that among both speakers and the woofer :p Thats the great thing about PMPO, theres no set formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

the third ones down on that link. It doesn't give allot of info about them though does it?

Is 3 watts not extremely quiet though? How loud would the creatives go?

any more oppinions on this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

The Creatives defo.

Or consider these creatives: http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=119613&cks=PRL (my mate has 'em, work like a charm. PC World also stock that one)

• Advertisement

do you know how much they are in pc world? they work out at €45 from komplett which is quite dear really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

whatever ones you choose, both companies are very good. Never had any problem with them, and delivery is usually very quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

cormie wrote:
    do you know how much they are in pc world? they work out at €45 from komplett which is quite dear really.
    Think they're between 35 and 40

Advertisement