Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What courier company delivers Overclockers orders?

Options
  • 22-04-2005 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Ordered last saturday and still no order today, has anyone any idea what Irish courier company they use so I can either phone or attempt to track the order?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

After numerous problems it's sorted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

GLS Ireland.

www.gls-ireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

GoodsLostSomewhere

extremely unreliable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

postman brought mine....

lol...to be fair, had many a package with GLS. Nothing has got lost.

• Advertisement

Chalk wrote:
    postman brought mine....

They also use An Post for Royal Mail Priority Signed for, ParcelForce Euro 48 goes through GLS. It also depends on the weight of the item.

Over 2KG is GLS, i think.

-oRnein9- wrote:
    GoodsLostSomewhere

extremely unreliable
    You are dah man!
    They are lost at the moment, I have made about a doz "nagging" calls so far, I would'nt mind the package I am getting is 1500+ worth ( fx-55, 2 raptors and a mobo etc) and I had a m8 coming up to Dublin from Wexford to build it for me :mad:

Completely Useless Fckrs, Its Lost

GLS telling me I have to contact OC the senders, ffs they have 1 lousy number impossible to get thru to, heading up to GLS now to vent some anger :mad:

FX-55 and Raptors lost...dear god. :eek:

• Advertisement

Anger pettered away in Dublin city peak traffic and the girl that was there had a beautiful face :(
    Basically I have to contact Overclockers and get em to phone GLS and then OC send me out my order again.....sounds easy eh ;)

FX-55 and Raptors lost...dear god. :eek:
    and mobo and fans, over €1500 worth

Not easy at all, OC will try blame GLS and they'll say you have to claim off them. I've seen it all happened in the past with OC.

Be ready to put in alot of personal time, hair pulling, freyed temper and money on calls before it gets resolved.

ffs someone else has said that to me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

got a 7200 60 gig laptop drive from komplett with gls delivered to cork and no problem as usual . it only seems to be the dublin area that has hassles with gls.
    shipped on monday evening , delivered yesterday before 14:00 .

2 orders now GLS have messed up, 1st one was few days late and other small probs but nothing as serious as this recent one.

Trying to get OC on the phone is a joke, but i strongly suggest you be at the phone bang on 8.30am when they open the lines and keep ringing or auto-redial. If you're there first thing you should get through, any later and forget about it.

Make sure they got your name/address details correct, ask them to check with Parcel Force and see if it left the UK ok, if not then OC will have make a claim with Parcel Force. If it arrived in ireland then i think it's GLS who are to blame, but not 100% sure.

Now check GLS and see if they have a scan for the item when it entered Ireland, they should have an actual picture of the label on the front of your parcel. Don't be fogged off...spout stuff that you're down €1,500 and will contact your solicitor.

If it entered Ireland and can be proven then it's GLS responsibilty to see what happened, ask to speak to someone senior, not some German girl in customer support..as you can tell i've been down this road myself when things were delayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Pinhead

Overclockers have a great selection and all, but their support is terrible. I ordered €1600 worth of parts 4 weeks ago and they still haven't arrived. "Err, case out of stock" -> "Case in stock!!" -> "Err, processor out of stock" ... and so forth. When I complain, all they do is ask me whether I want to change the product for one in stock. Yes, I'll buy a more expensive case which I don't want!

Trying to get OC on the phone is a joke, but i strongly suggest you be at the phone bang on 8.30am when they open the lines and keep ringing or auto-redial. If you're there first thing you should get through, any later and forget about it.

Make sure they got your name/address details correct, ask them to check with Parcel Force and see if it left the UK ok, if not then OC will have make a claim with Parcel Force. If it arrived in ireland then i think it's GLS who are to blame, but not 100% sure.

Now check GLS and see if they have a scan for the item when it entered Ireland, they should have an actual picture of the label on the front of your parcel. Don't be fogged off...spout stuff that you're down €1,500 and will contact your solicitor.

If it entered Ireland and can be proven then it's GLS responsibilty to see what happened, ask to speak to someone senior, not some German girl in customer support..as you can tell i've been down this road myself when things were delayed.
    yep I was gonna do the very things you said............ saturday is 9am
    I need to be able to tarck my order, had hold of it this morning but can't seem to do it now, it def got to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

OcUK are a disaster, like Richard and others said before. These kind of pr!cks don't deserve a 15cent order not to mind a €1500 one. :eek: Myself and a friend ordered stuff (for the last time ever I might add) from them last month including two video cards worth around €500-600. One of the cards never came in the order and the one that did was the wrong interface (we wanted both cards agp, the one they sent was pci-express) Wasted nearly 2 days trying to get through on the phone for an RMA which eventually turned into a refund, at least that's what they've told us, the credit card statements haven't arrived yet :mad: GLS aren't too bad in my neck of the woods, one order was a few days late coming to me last year alright but all others have been on time. I do hear that they are less reliable in the Dublin area though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

OcuK used to be great. I wouldn't use them or GLS these days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

never had any probs with ocuk or gls

Ray of hope?

(09:37:29) (Rocket-bed) Overclockers
    (09:37:39) (Rocket-bed) I rang the number you gave me
    (09:37:52) (Rocket-bed) did he ring you?
    (09:38:37) (Rocket-bed) Did he ring you yet?
    (09:39:25) (Janer-) ya
    (09:39:26) (Janer-) he did
    (09:39:34) (Janer-) he took the details
    (09:39:39) (Janer-) it goes to some otehr person now
    (09:39:44) (Janer-) so i feel abit better
    (09:39:57) (Janer-) i phoned non stop for 42 mins that otehr #
    (09:40:00) (Janer-) my hand hurts
    (09:40:04) (Janer-) holding phone to ear]
    (09:40:17) (Janer-) they will get back to me later today i gave my mob phone # too

That was me to a friend on IRC explaining whats just happened on phone!

Ok after a few days of telling GLS what **** they where and phoning OcuK to see what happens next I got the good news today that the order is ready to be re-shipped out!, I take it I will prob get it Tiuesday as GLS **** close saturday and Monday is bank holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Pinhead

I still haven't received my order :) It's been five weeks now, and a €1600 package still hasn't been shipped. ****ing brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,989 ✭✭✭✭unkel

OCUK + GLS is a bad combination indeed if anything goes wrong

Tip: use the webforms with OCUK. It is the ONLY thing they respond to these days. Even faxes remain unanswered now and they have stopped emails some time last year

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭BlueShaun

GLS spent 4 weeks pinging my package between Dublin and Knock, arguing over who would deliver it to cavan. Ended up driving to Knock to pick it up myself. They refuse to refund, and i paid for 48 hour delivery too.

Tip...any goods from the uk coming via parcelforce are (mis)handled by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

This is the first I've heard of problems with OC. I've only bought once off them myself and the gear arrived in 4 days - but it was through An Post. I know a few people who've said their post-sales service is excellent.

GSL on the other hand are completely useless. Their web tracking system is never updated - their helldesk (if you can get through to it) is staffed by clowns and customer service is a foreign concept to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

There were lots of problems for a while with couriers and returns. Dunno about now, I've stopped using them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement