Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Books For Sale

Options
  • 21-04-2005 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm selling these books, 70 Euro for the lot;

Hold 'Em Poker by David Sklansky (R.R.P $19.95),
    Tournament Poker for Advanced Players by David Sklansky (R.R.P $29.95),
    Play Poker Like The Pros by Phil Hellmuth Jr. (R.R.P $15.95),
    Bad Beats and Lucky Draws by Phil Hellmuth Jr. (R.R.P $14.95),
    Super System (A Course In Power Poker) by Doyle Brunson (R.R.P $29.95),
    Super System II (A Course In Power Poker) by Doyle Brunson (R.R.P $34.95).

All the books are in really good condition and they'd make a good starting kit for a new player. I'm based in Dublin but I'm sure I can arrange postage if required. If you're interested then give me a ring on (087) 9619385.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

How good are the Phil Hellmuth books? This is a serious question.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

How about €60, can collect.

Ed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

I might have a friend who is interested in them @ 70euro. will get back to you asap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

lafortezza wrote:
    How good are the Phil Hellmuth books? This is a serious question.

His "Pros" book is fairly standard, to be honest. By that I mean that if you've read a lot of the recommended books, then I dont think you'll get anything new from this one. A beginner would find it useful, though.

In fairness, I only skimmed through it, but that was because there just wasn't anything new in it to really drag me in.

Plus, his ego is annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

'Play poker like the pro's' will be the bounty prize in sundays tournament, so get on Stars at 7pm and take me out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Ian, let me know if you don't sell to Edser or Podgeen

thanks,

Eoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭DeLaBass

sorry guys but i was the first to call about the books so we've negotitated a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Play poker like the pros is the worst poker book Ive ever read. Bad beats and lucky draws is more of a collection of tales than a tactic/strategy book; its worth reading to try and understand what goes on inside Hellmuths head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭DeLaBass

Fair enough, really looking forward to sklansky and doyle's efforts however!

Question...... sklansky is all about the rock and doyle the aggression, is it normal for people to apply both principals to their game for changing gears? Like when playing like a rock ignore what doyle says and when the other way round, all aggression,ignore what sklansky says?

Just a thought.. its hardly anything new.

Advertisement