Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown was better.

Options
  • 21-04-2005 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

PotB changed to purple and white?

I thought the brown was better.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hmm, although I thought the brown was a bit dark and over powering, the purple isn't winning me over either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

brown was never ever going to sit well.

This is nicer, but is still not pretty. The colour should be brighter and bolder i think it's a little too washed out. I think a far plainer logo ala whats used on this forum here would be much nicer. Loose the monkey graphic, it's too busy.

At the very least I would remove the wonky lines behind the logo.

I don't mean to sound so harsh all the time.

Just to be clear: POTB is cool etc.

I *really* like the plain simple logo used on the forum, ie this one:

vbulletin3_logo_potb.gif

It's simple, plays on branding we've seen before and is generally very strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭topgold

I like dark text on light backgrounds because it's easier to aggregate. The dark backgound always seems to save out in a way that blocks the text when I scrape the files with archive programs like askSam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Thanks for the style comments. Actually, the entire graphic has been created especially for POTB - the ape was scanned from a POTA colouring book, I added the computer parts and fills obviously; the letters were drawn one by one as vectors as the correct font cost over 100 dollars; the background to the lettering - well that was an accidental trace gone wrong, but I thought it matched the POTA feel!

But if the header is too busy, am happy to reduce it to something like dangerman mentioned...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

much better. still not my fav purply-blue-lavender color choice, but a good improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Good, I'm getting messages from the brown lovers now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I wasn't mad about the brown skin on the POTB site so I like the purple and white scheme. Can't say I'm mad about the brown skin on the blogs forum either :(

I like browsing with Cloud skin, mainly because the envelope icons confuse and frighten me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Yuck! Do not like brown at all! Looks like hot-chocolate that has gone cold :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Oh I like this skin on the forum :)

Matches the POTB skin nicely. Can you make the POTB logo up the top link to the POTB website? Just seems like that'd make sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Yes completely agree, this purple is much nicer indeed!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Purple definitly much better than brown. Find it easier to read.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Rabies wrote:
    Purple definitly much better than brown. Find it easier to read.

It's spreading :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Yes. I like this current darker purple more.

Advertisement