Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no lucan skatepark?????????????

Options
  • 20-04-2005 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

the skatepark plan for lucan is on the hold now cause people think there will be anti-social behaviour and noise. cough. wrong crowd if you ask me. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

hate that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

liamskater wrote:
    hate that
    yeah its pretty frustrating considering we're waiting five years :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mikekeane

That comes as no surprise! When i started skating in the late 80s, early nineties, we were promised 3 parks, aparrently the mony was made available and all that, 1 for marly park, 1 for fairview and 1 for raheny, then because of similar fears THEY CANCELLED ALL PLANS! That is why i am a firm believer in building and supporting our own. It seems to b the only way things get done!

mikekeane wrote:
    That comes as no surprise! When i started skating in the late 80s, early nineties, we were promised 3 parks, aparrently the mony was made available and all that, 1 for marly park, 1 for fairview and 1 for raheny, then because of similar fears THEY CANCELLED ALL PLANS! That is why i am a firm believer in building and supporting our own. It seems to b the only way things get done!
    i agree im sick of waiting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

smois wrote:
    yeah its pretty frustrating considering we're waiting five years :mad: :mad:
    what are you s****ing on about!!!

that skate park was to happen when i was 12 i'm now 22 :rolleyes:

i wouldnt hold my breath if i were you

• Advertisement

*Page* wrote:
    what are you s****ing on about!!!

that skate park was to happen when i was 12 i'm now 22 :rolleyes:

i wouldnt hold my breath if i were you
    well the campaign has been going on for 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Every other country to the south, north, east and west have at least 3+ skateparks spread throughout their cities ( when comparing places that are about the same size of Dublin and are free to use too, you'll probably find drinking water provided too, I feel privileged having moved country) with practically ANY sports complex having at the very least, a nice midi/mini ramp for all flavours of skating.

The Irish are as pitiful as ever in providing any facilities for young people looking to try something out -- apart from pubs and soccer/hurling pitches of course, which go hand in hand and they see there being a genuine need for. :rolleyes:

They see it as a fad or something equally pathetic because there's nothing better than the GAA and getting pissed daily according to their standards. Just watch Bertie stumbling out of Fagans, pissed as a coot on a regular basis. That gives us a nice idea of where most of the politicians priorities lie.

I wish you luck and I'll give you a tip that helped me survive our supposedly equal to the rest of the euro economies and infrastructure....

Don't get your hopes up and you won't get dissapointed :o

If you want a park you'll need to get out of pocket or go harranging politicians by the hoardes until they start to recognise there is a genuine need for it, then they MIGHT contemplate providing for it.

Likelihood is still next to nothing that it will happen because there are more important things such as bertie bowl and another soccer pitch that need some attention, after they've recovered from that hangover, AGAIN!

Depressing just thinking about it.

yeah i know wat ure sayin which is y i havent got my hopes up :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭asto

On a meeting on Monday may 10th 2005 south Dublin Couty Council officially agreed to build Dublins 1st local authority skate Park in Lucan on a Pilot Basis, After ongoing meetings with residents of Ash Park housing estate who where afraid that there would be too much anti-Social Behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Yeah lads it's all true I got a call from Lance Colleran (Sth Dublin CoCo) to say they'd be putting it out to tender in the next few weeks. Now the tough bit making sure they get the right people to design + build it and so we don't end up with another waterford style joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

True true,was reading in ride bmx mag that alot of the council parks over there end up being built by playground companies that dont have a clue about skatepark construction.Lets hope that doesnt happen here.Would they concider getting the tender advertised europe wide so people with a clue can apply to build it!!! :cool:

Park went to tender to-day Hooray

oh yeah

Just wonderin who in this forum is from Lucan if you are whats your real name

my main concern aboot da lucan skatepark is.....because it is da first council skatepark in da greater dublin area does dat mean dat other parks being built(bushy park,dun laoighre etc) will learn from lucans mistakes...as shagman said we need to get the right ppl to build and desighn it :D

we have a few designs put together none confirmed yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

asto wrote:
    we have a few designs put together none confirmed yet
    Could you post the designs? Would love to see them.

asto were ar u gettin all ur info from...i live in lucan and im only hearin dis stuff off u

smois wrote:
    asto were ar u gettin all ur info from...i live in lucan and im only hearin dis stuff off u
    i get it direct from the council and i go to the meetings about it so i have the info.

I will post the design as soon as it has been confirmed as we are not sure on them. will let you all know any more info when i get it!!!!!!

pm me wen u find out wen da next meetin is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 fos is king

dats a load a sh*t smois what the fudge

wat ar u talkin aboot

Advertisement