Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodturning courses meath / dublin

Options
  • 20-04-2005 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi all,

I'm working up in co. meath at the moment, and was hoping to use my spare time profitably by doing a woodturning course in the evenings. Anyone know of any? I recently bought a lathe to add to the workshop, and while I can manage some simple stuff (working from keith rowleys book) I would love to get some tuition in the right way to do things. It would also give me a chnce to get some woodchippings on me during the week since my workshop is down in cork!

BB

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Did you try your local vocational, tech schools for evening courses. If you're near Dublin, I've no doubt you should be able to pick up an evening course run by the VEC.

kadman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Many Adult Education centres do woodturning courses ... it's how I learnt! It's not really the time of year for that kind of thing though, they usually start up later in the year. Keep an eye on your local free papers, there's usually a flood of ads from those kind of places around then. Good luck!

P.S. If you're really stuck ('cos it's possibly a long way for you to go) Christien Van Bussel (yes, she's Dutch!) gives woodturning lessons at her studio in the Brockagh Resource Centre in Laragh, Co. Wicklow (near Glendalough). Christien can be reached on 086-8597267.

Good Luck!

Advertisement