Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help wit USB2.0

Options
  • 20-04-2005 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

im having problems activating my usb2.......
    im my device manager under universal serial bus controllers i have an
    intel(r) 82801Db/dbm USB2.0 enhanced host controller......when i click on that it says

Device Type : universal serial bus controllers

manufacturer : intel

Device Status
    No drivers are installed for this device.

So i tried putting in my Dell utilities and drivers disk and it didnt have a usb2 driver....so i tried searching the net for a driver....found some but 9 times out of 10 they didnt pass the windows authentification logo or something. i have upgraded my op system from XP home edition (i got with laptop)...to windows XP pro(copied edition) whether that would have anything to do with it im not sure.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

ali.g wrote:
    im having problems activating my usb2.......
    im my device manager under universal serial bus controllers i have an
    intel(r) 82801Db/dbm USB2.0 enhanced host controller......when i click on that it says

Device Type : universal serial bus controllers

manufacturer : intel

Device Status
    No drivers are installed for this device.

So i tried putting in my Dell utilities and drivers disk and it didnt have a usb2 driver....so i tried searching the net for a driver....found some but 9 times out of 10 they didnt pass the windows authentification logo or something. i have upgraded my op system from XP home edition (i got with laptop)...to windows XP pro(copied edition) whether that would have anything to do with it im not sure.
    Any help would be appreciated.

To the best of my limited knowwledge USB 2.0 drivers are part of XP SP2 - are you on SP2 ?

Try the forums on everythingusb.com for all yer USB info. There's a guy there called BillyD who really knows his stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 MADMAXX

IF ITS A DELL LAPTOP THEN YOUR GONA HAVE NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS I AM A COMP TEC AND SORRY TO TELL YOU THIS BUT DELL IS THE WORST MAKERS OF LAPTOPS AND PC I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS.SELL THE DAM THING AND BUY YOURSELF A SONY ,HP. I RECOMEND A LAPTOP FROM Ei SYSTEMS THEY ARE VERY GOOD AND DONT COST A WHOLE LOT..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

You sure you're not a 4 year old kid ? Not only is all caps bad enough, with spelling and grammar like that I wouldn't even let you clean the windscreen of my car, never mind near anything 'tec'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

MADMAXX wrote:
    IF ITS A DELL LAPTOP THEN YOUR GONA HAVE NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS I AM A COMP TEC AND SORRY TO TELL YOU THIS BUT DELL IS THE WORST MAKERS OF LAPTOPS AND PC I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS.SELL THE DAM THING AND BUY YOURSELF A SONY ,HP. I RECOMEND A LAPTOP FROM Ei SYSTEMS THEY ARE VERY GOOD AND DONT COST A WHOLE LOT..

Quiet, cretin. Stop shouting, learn to spell, and drop the crusade.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Usb2 is part of SP2 just did it myself go to control panel and pci usb thing and use windows update....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Win XP USB 2.0 drivers are included in Service Pack 1.

Service Pack 1 which includes USB 2.0 support for Windows XP is available at the Windows Update Site. (Actually it will try and install SP2 I guess) The stand alone drivers have been pulled from both the Windows Update and the Corporate Download sites but get them here.

If you do install the update there when your done you still might have to update the driver. Go to Device Manager and bring up the properties of the Universal Serial Bus Controller. Then click on “Update Driver”. (System will automatically search USB2.0 driver and install it.)
    Reboot.

Advertisement