Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Deals!

Options
  • 20-04-2005 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,824 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking to get the following:

A good set of speakers for around €30. I have the following options; the third set down for €33 here or these Creative ones.

I'm also looking for an external HD case. The best value I've seen is the third one down for €45 here. I would have liked a Firewire one too but they are too pricey for what I want them for.

I also want a wireless optical mouse, I like this one as it's small and cheap enough. I think it's also available in Argos!

If anyone has any input on if which I should go for regarding the speakers and if the others are worth it, please let me know!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,824 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Has anyone any experience or knowledge of the above please?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Hehe. You're a bit general there cormie.

45 euro isn't too bad for a hard drive case...though you could probably get one cheaper if you shopped around.

What do you want the mouse for? If it's anything other than general use, you should invest in a decent mouse....otherwise....whatever feels comfortable.

Not sure about the speakers tbh.

Hi,
    Thanks for the feedback:)

€45 is the cheapest I have found for a USB2.0 External case. I've tried komplett, elara, itdirect, peats and marxcomputers.

The mouse is for general use only, I'd say the most precise thing it will be used for is minesweeper, but I may be able to keep fighting that addiction and may never even need it for that.

I just want the cheapest option really. Nothing fancy, I know that speakers for €30 can be good enough so I want to get just that, a good set;)

Even second hand will do so if anyone has any of the above for sale, please pm me or reply to this!

Thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Comp for sale forum

Keep an eye out there. Always stuff for sale. Usually reasonably priced too.

Yeah I've been keeping an eye out there for a while, I even bought a wireless optical mouse there just 2 weeks ago for €10 off somebody in Lucan, got it home and realised it was a ps2 connection, my laptop has none so I put it back up the next day and sold it that night for €15, to someone else in Lucan :D

• Advertisement

Hi,
    Does anyone have any info on the wireless optical mouse here?

Is it a good deal? It has a cradle to recharge and all. It looks ok, would this be a better deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=254&pcount=&Product_Id=154913&Section.Section_Path=%2FRoot%2FComputerAccessories%2FKeyboards%2F - €30 in PCWorld.

Just get a USB -> PS2 adapter. I have spare one i can post to you, seen as i wrecked your head about the recordings. Which are gracing my ears as i type :)

<edit> Ahhh, its for laptop, DOH! </edit>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

The ALDI mouse looks fairly good but is described as a 'laptop mouse', so that would make me think it is likely to be a bit on the small side. Also note how they say "This easy to handle and compact mouse works on almost any surface". Up to yourself really, maybe not so small.
    The other link you posted looks to be a refurbished version of this, looks a bit old fashioned to me, most stuff nowadays is black or silver. Doesn't have recharging system either and you didn't really say that you needed a keyboard, so is there much point in buying a set?

I'd prefer a smaller mouse. I may just go for the aldi one so:)

thanks for the replies and thanks Jammer for the offer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

cormie wrote:
    Yeah I've been keeping an eye out there for a while, I even bought a wireless optical mouse there just 2 weeks ago for €10 off somebody in Lucan, got it home and realised it was a ps2 connection, my laptop has none so I put it back up the next day and sold it that night for €15, to someone else in Lucan :D
    Wouldnt have admitted to that. I'll be careful now if I see you selling anything on FS Computers now. As will anybody else who reads this! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement