Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would You???

Options
  • 20-04-2005 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hey all! This thread is to help spread awareness about the sponsorship campaign for Margaret Leddy's charity headshave!
    The main charities to benefit will be the Irish cancer society (who'll recieve the majority of the dosh) and Locks for love (who'll be getting her hair!!!)

Margaret's homeplace is Cavan but she is currently studying in Tipperary Institute.
    Please be generous - whats a couple of euro to you when she's goin to be completely bald!!

Even if you don't give a toss about charity, you could at least donate something in respect for her sheer bravery and selflessness. Its a brilliant cause and Margaret seriously does deserve all the support you can give.

If you'd like a sponsorship card (for work, for your local pub, whatever - theres no pressure to fill the card!!) or even if you'd like to help in other ways you can email her at mleddy@student.tippinst.ie or just post here or pm me!

Would you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭reality

Wow! Thats amazing, I'd never have the guts to do it!!!
    Expect my pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭annette curtain

what do you all think am i mad!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

originally posted by Annette curtain
    what do you all think am i mad!!
    What is it about these particular charities over others that makes you want to become a volunteer in that way? maybe if we knew your motivation we could answer the question better ;)

ive known to many people who have suffered at the hands of both diseases, people who never smoked or drank and didnt deserve to die with this horrific disease.
    On the M.S., THE reason is because this illness is almost as bad as cancer, the disease just eats away at the body,

if i can help these charities just by losing my hair then so be it, they need all the money they can get to provide relief to patients suffering from both these diseases

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

More power to you. i hope it goes well.

• Advertisement

thanks!!!

Advertisement