Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land of the dead

Options
  • 20-04-2005 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Universal have bought forward the release of Romero's new zombie-flick to June 24th. :D

X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Thats the "sequel" to Day of the Dead, yes? Should be interesting (and hopefully ultraviolent).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

yeah ive heard of this hope it gets off the ground. Every time I hear romeraos name connect to a project it never happens. What was the last thing he actually did?

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movies/twilight.php

"In the film, the zombies having taken over the world and those left alive are confined to a walled-in city that keeps out the corpse corps. Anarchy rules the streets, with the wealthy insulated and living in fortified skyscrapers. The drama revolves around a group of scavengers who must thwart an attempt to overthrow the city while the dead are evolving from brainless slow-moving creatures into more advanced creatures."

Dennis Hopper,Tom Savini,Asia Argento and Simon Pegg are in the cast.

Release date is June 24 2005. :D

X

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

So it is a remake of Day of the Dead? only in a city...not in a military facility?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

About as much as "Day of the Dead" was a remake of "Dawn of the Dead" only in a military facility instead of a shopping mall. And about as much as "Dawn of the Dead" was a remake of "Night of the Living Dead" only in a shopping mall instead of a farmhouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

ObeyGiant wrote:
    About as much as "Day of the Dead" was a remake of "Dawn of the Dead" only in a military facility instead of a shopping mall. And about as much as "Dawn of the Dead" was a remake of "Night of the Living Dead" only in a shopping mall instead of a farmhouse.

bahaha

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Well, there is that "reimagining" of Day of the Dead coming up sometime soon (initial reports didn't sound great, but i suppose I should refrain from judging it until it actually hits the screens, or at least until trailers are out). Land of the dead is sounding pretty good though, although I'm not sure how someone could see it as a remake of Day Of The Dead - if anything it sounds more like a follow-on to the script that Romero wanted to originally use for Day of the Dead...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

It looks like it will have more social commentary which was one of the things I liked most about the original Dawn Of The Dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Tom Savini's character in Dawn of the Dead was called Blades,his character in Land of the Dead is called Blade.

Same character? :eek:

X

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Isn't he supposed to be playing two characters, one of which is the same one from the original Dawn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Official site is up with a trailer:
    http://www.landofthedeadmovie.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

ObeyGiant wrote:
    Official site is up with a trailer:
    http://www.landofthedeadmovie.net/

'theyre communicating, they're thinking' sounds interesting...

I really liked the voice over at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Looks good....but then isn't that what trailers are for.

I'm sure everyone remembers the trailer for Blade 3

I never saw the trailer for Blade 3 but I thought it was bvery good. I had no idea what it was going to be like and only got to see it the other day. I saw the Directors cut mind I dont know how that differed from the cinema release but perhaps that helped.

Was reading up on george on IMDB he has had quite a few projects scraped . I wonder what happens to all these films. He was doing a zombie rock band film and that got canned.

Advertisement