Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norton Releases Internet Security 2005 Antispyware edition.

Options
  • 20-04-2005 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭

http://www.symantec.com/downloads/

Seem's symantec is entering the Anti-spyware market as well as microsoft. You can download it from the Public beta section in the bottom right corner. Not sure how good it is but it expires on June 1st.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I have NIS 2005, like it alot....i will definately get this as Spyware protection is built in and has active real time scanning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Another program NOT TO BUY.

Nod32 and Spybot/Adware/SpywareBlaster will do for me :)

Pfft..cheapskate.

:)

Cheapskate? I pay a yearly sub for Nod32 and the other programs beat anything that's for sale out there.

Norton is bloatware. It quiet simply hogs up your computer. I will never use it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭jetsonx

seeing that it has a "good" brand name (and the fact that pcworld will sell it).... mugs will go out and buy this just like with NAV.

• Advertisement

Well i've had positive experience with Norton, 2005 is not as "hoggy" as previous versions, certainly 2004 was bad. But 2005 is rather nice, from my expereince.

Don't buy Norton products please, it only encourages them :(

www.nod32.ie for your Anti-Virus.

Then try Sygate for your Firewall needs (free edition will do you fine)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 rw227

the newversion of NOD32, version 2.5, is now also antiSpyware - CheckMark Certified. BETA is still available on www.nod32.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Well i've had positive experience with Norton, 2005 is not as "hoggy" as previous versions, certainly 2004 was bad. But 2005 is rather nice, from my expereince.
    I agree, i've been using NIS '05 at work for a few months.
    I haven't once yet got the urge to uninstall it.
    It seems they're working on its hoginess :)
    Thumbs up so far.......

Advertisement