Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Dell W1900 LCD TV any good?

Options
  • 19-04-2005 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Has anyone used the Dell W1900 LCD TV? Is it any good?

I'm planning on using it with my PC and XBox, so while response times will be important for the XBox, not so much for PC usage.

If it's no good, can anyone recommend a 17" - 20" LCD widescreen TV/Monitor that would be worth getting? HD would be preferrable, since the XBox 360 is supposed to be HD and I'd like to get something that would be future proof to some extent anyway :)

Ciarán.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

Ciaran, I'm using the Dell W1700 monitor and definitely recommend them. DVI and component connection. Picture is quality is tops. Go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

Do you know whether any video card can output WXGA signals? I presume an updated driver may be necessary, but perhaps some cards just can't do it?

How does the monitor display 4:3 signals from a PC? Is it stretched, or centred with black bars on each side?

Thanks,

Ciarán.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

Ciaran,
    to be honest i'm not sure when it comes to the signals. I have a geforce fx 5200 running my w1700 monitor over dvi, and I've been assured it does justice. I can vouch for it anyway. As for the display images like the desktop, they're streched but look very natural. DVD's are crisp and scrolling txt is readable. I'm going to be selling this one(17"). any day now. the missus wants the 19" version. happy days.

Advertisement