Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hell's Kitchen

Options
  • 19-04-2005 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

Anyone watching the first episode tonight? Opinions please? Its running on TV3 for the next 4 weeks or so.

Very interesting set up this time round, it seems to be a contest between the 2 chefs this time. And My God is it hard to know what the hell (excuse the pun) the french bloke is sayin half the time.

And Spicky Rhodes is no longer spicky, but by F**k has he got an angry side, a side most people have probably never seen on TV.... wonder is it just put on for the camera.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭niallb

memphis wrote:
    by F**k has he got an angry side, a side most people have probably never seen on TV.... wonder is it just put on for the camera.

Ever worked in a kitchen, Memphis? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

niallb wrote:
    Ever worked in a kitchen, Memphis? :-)

aye being a tv chef is easy compared to running a top notch kitchen in a top notch restaurant.

A head chef cant afford to be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Yes sir, I most certainly have. Not an easy job I must say too. In fact I worked in Chez Hans, Cashel Co. Tipp, probably one of the best known restaurents in Ireland, apart from maybe Thorntons on Dublin who incidentially is a Cashel man too!!!

Have also worked in a Hotel too, though not in the kitchen I did have dealing with the chef, who was one of the nicest guys I ever worked with, great sense of humour. So not all chefs are arogant, and rude in the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It does seem a bit put on, he is normally such a nice ponce on TV I think he is overdoing the hard guy bit. He was needlessly rude to people, I can understand it in the actual kitchen but he was at it during introduction.

the other guy is a greasy sleazy dog, you have to have a shower just after listening to his "how you say" crap.

Woo.... my my, did the kitchen start to steam up or what tonight. I can't belive the balls on that French guy the way he lashed out at Henry. Bet henry is so glad to be out of there. Come on they were only there 2 days, they can't be expected to know everything that fast. What an asshole, and I thought Rhodes was mad last night.

If that ws me I'd have put a bleedin' knife to his throat, ignorant f*ck, so need for that sort of sh!t

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Anyone know who won?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 marshmellowface

yeah good show - such a simple idea too.. people love watching other people going mad, what type of person always goes mad? hmm - chefs! Let's make a showe where chefs go mad - easy..

TV3 are showing some good stuff these days, WONDERSCREEN is on after hell's kitchen.. my favorite tv series in the world ever! They're showing some amazing animation and really cool short films back to back, loads or really funny stuff too.. i'll be watching them both tonight..
    www.lovelyproductions.com/wonderposter.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Enii wrote:
    Anyone know who won?

Who cares once the godamned thing is over?
    Was getting tired of switching channels at 9pm every f**king night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Is it actually over? Must admit Angus Deaton's monotone sarcasm was gettin on my tits.

Its all over, Terry is the winner. In fairness he deserved it too. I had him backed from the beginning. He seemed to just adapt to the whole thing so confidently. He listened, and he learned, was no bullsh1t about him or anything.

Kellie on the other hand was good too, but it was Terry I felt really deserved to be the winner. Kellie really bugged me too, God she's some loud mouth. And she started to get a bit too cocky near the end.

• Advertisement
Advertisement