Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lamentations on my son.

Options
  • 18-04-2005 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

questions?

The greatest personal challenge in my life is the one I am currently going through.
    Late last summer my former estranged girlfriend informed me I had a 7 month old son, I would not meet my son until he was 10 months old. I have not seen my son in 3 months.
    I miss him terribly. Everything I have done in my life was to be a better father and improve my life so that my kids wouldn’t have to grow up the way that I did. Now I don’t know if I will ever even get the chance to be a father to my child.

I have tried to be my son’s father but the relationship with his mother is volatile at best and she has not allowed me to see the boy since Xmas. I am unsure as to her motives, and as a result we are now in court proceedings. Somewhere I never wanted to be with my child. I am trying to have the higher ground as mudslinging and names are called. I am being accused of some heavy things that I know in my heart I have not done.

This woman has bullied me and taken from me for the last 5 years that I have known her.
    I guess that it is no surprise that she is now using custody battle against me because I refused to move to ST. Catherines to be with her as I still had university to consider.

I am at a crossroads in my life as I do not know what the next door will open or what door will close. I am having trouble sleeping and eating, and all the old comforts seem meaningless. My university education is suffering from the fact that I have missed classes due to court and I have no idea where my life will take me next.

I love my son dearly and I will fight to do what’s best for him even if it means sacrificing some of my own dreams because of it. I refuse to be forced into a situation beyond my control by a woman I once loved.

I have not had the easiest of lives and I blame that partially on a custody battle when I was a child. I see that the downward spiral that became my life for many years was a result of the original custody battle between my parents. Now I am almost 30 and history repeats itself. I didn’t wish for this to happen but it has.

All I want to do is be a good father to my son and show him the world in ways in which I never even thought existed. But I am being denied that.

Advertisement