Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heart Rate Monitors

Options
  • 18-04-2005 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,
    Do any of you have any experience of heart rate monitors.
    Would you recommend them? Models to avoid etc.
    I'm terrible at pacing myself, and all the experts recommend training by your heart rate rather than speed/distances etc.
    (I'm primarily a middle to long distance runner 10miles -Marathon)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

I've had a basic Polar model for years and its grand. They have a very wide range, the top of the range will let you download your info to your PC and give very fancy graphs and stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

always found training with them brilliant, but there's no point unless you know what to do with them. And can accurately determine your target zones.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Maars

The pain with most Polar heart monitors is that you can't change the battery yourself when it dies, you have to send it back to Polar and get them to do it for you...I guess it's got something to do with the seal. They are definitely the most complete HRMs though if you can put up with that drawback.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

They are excellent!!

Have used them with clients and my own training all the time. Got my VO2 max tested in the peak performance centre and after that my training has much better structure and now am aiming to run the marathon in under 3 hrs (Dublin).

Advertisement