Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPP withdrawals

Options
  • 18-04-2005 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hey folks,
    sorry if this has already been dealt with, search may have missed it, but does PPP support the withdrawing directly to Irish bank account thing that VC did?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

No to bank account, only to back to Credit Card or by cheque

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pokerpaddy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Whoops ....wp

That must be very new (and welcome) facility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Also beware there is a limit set on withdrawals of €2000 initially. I'm not sure if you can withdraw to a bank account, this link is for depositing via bank transfer. You can register a laser card and then you will be withdrawing to your bank, however to change your registered card you need to clear you account out first.
    I made the mistake of making my deposit with an UK credit card so the cheque has to be sent to my UK address which is a pain.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Shortstack wrote:
    has to be sent to my UK address which is a pain.

Fair play to you mike... :D at the rate you are going it will not be long before you have a Cayman Islands address aswell ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭BrendanB

Well you can withdraw it to an Irish account, except that you get charged 25 sterling. Unpleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

YOU WHAT????
    £25!! Are you taking the pi$$??
    That is an absolute rip-off.
    Pit-Boss - Any response to this, surely this can not be justified?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Pit Boss is on holidays at the moment. I'll ask Samba or one of the support team to confirm but I would put a lot of money on the guess that if thats true, its certainly not going to PPP. It may be one of those ridiculous bank charges our lovely banking system sees fit to apply to us...

Pit-Boss will return next week, fresh as a daisy from her holiday.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

I don't know about their poker site but their regular betting site pays both to bank account or by cheque. - Depends on the credit card / account you have.

e.g. Mastercard don't allow for gambling sites to pay back into the credit card, but visa do.

On cheques, they are pretty fast, withdraw on a sunday and the cheque is with you on wednesday (thursday at latest)

Hopefully the gee gee's continue winning and PP will continue paying!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

DeVore wrote:
    Pit Boss is on holidays at the moment. I'll ask Samba or one of the support team to confirm but I would put a lot of money on the guess that if thats true, its certainly not going to PPP. It may be one of those ridiculous bank charges our lovely banking system sees fit to apply to us...

Pit-Boss will return next week, fresh as a daisy from her holiday.

DeV.

Wow Pit-Boss is a woman, Im not sure how I feel about this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Wow Pit-Boss is a woman, Im not sure how I feel about this.

I am sure she is fine about it :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I'll find out the details, not in until tomorrow night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Actually the cash out turned into a nightmare as because I had put my €100 in with a UK credit card they were initially only going to allow me to cash back to the credit card which is not exactly handy! After scouring the Terms and conditions I managed NOT to find a mention of this anywhere. After a lengthy debate with customer services I managed to get them to rescind and send me cheque to my UK address.

I have talked to finance and all charges are those of your bank, so please check with your bank on what their charges are for such transfers

Hmmm, this was advised to me by the phone support before I had provided bank details, so that doesn't sound particularly plausible.

Most banks will charge to make or recieve a wire transfer, Paddy Power charge nothing for the service.

What exactly doesn't sound very plausible to you Brendan, the fact that we do not charge?

I'm not having a go at you Samba.

Paddy Power's account for online deposits is AIB Grafton Street, as is my bank account. However, I had not specified my bank account before the charge of STG 25 was advised - therefore I find it 'implausible' that such a charge is entirely AIB's responsibility.

For AIB to have a charge denominated in a round sterling amount for a transfer between two Irish bank accounts also seems somewhat unlikely.

To be honest all of this unfortunately pales in comparison with the board pairing when I had the top straight and nut flush draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I think he means that he was told a charge before he had provided his bank details. So then if the charges are bank specific it's implausible that customer service would know how much to charge given that they didn't know which bank and therefore which charges applied. Unless of course all the banks have the same wire transfer charges.

At least that's my reading of it.

[edit]This post is redundant.[/edit]

Ahhh i get you sorry, I think the information given to you was based on the persumption that it was a UK Account.

Sorry still tired from last nights marathon.

Best to ignore what what CS said the charges were and actually consult your bank as they are the ones who implement the charge and so will have the info first hand

Don't worry about it, it's hardly mortgage material. I just had a scan through the transaction history - it had a manual 20 stg deduction before the withdrawal as 'bank transfer fee', I guess this is what it ended up as.

Anyway, forget about it, have a fun night.

• Advertisement

Erf......right I will get a little more clarification on this one for you Brendan.

I am only going on what has been said to me.

You are right, we appear to be applying the charge I have not been lied to so I can only presume it is done so knowing that we ourselves will be charged this.

I'll go to the top to get to the bottom of this! ;)

U too m8.

As I thought, almost every bank charges 25 for this transaction, we take the 25 from the account and we then get billed for sending the money to your account.

Brendan you are unfortunate as you have a sterling account as it is sterling going to a Eur account the transfer fee is charged in sterling.

The charge is down to the banks, I have been emailed a list of what charges what banks have etc, I will post it up later for you guys.

Advertisement