Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malevolence

Options
  • 16-04-2005 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

anybody heard about that movie called Malevolence? it looks pretty cool, comes out like april 19. i heard its more of a classic horror...maybe ill be scared by this one. horror movies these days never scare me lol

Comments

I've had high hopes for this film for a while now. It looks like it could be this yers Haute Tension. Im not sure about it being released next week, and I doubt many cinemas will pick it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 xhorrorx

oh i didnt mean to theaters april 19th...i think its already playing in selected areas anyways. i meant to dvd, i checked out the official website and apparently it will be in video stores on tuesday. which is cool, since i didnt get to check it out in theaters i can watch it at home. that is if they have it, w/block busters new no late fee thing going on, movies are never in stock! :(

official website:
    http://www.malevolencemovie.com/dvd.htm?p=CatalogDetail&SKU=DV13063&PriCatID=3

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Never heard of this one. From the blurb on the web site it sounds like a slasher flick. I`ll look out for it so.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Reviews are very very positive.

http://www.malevolencemovie.com/reviews.htm

Must check it out.

Well i got the film just havent watched it yet. I had forgotten about this thread so when i got the film I dident know what it was. I must watch it now, i was in no hurry before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Watched this over the weekend. It was very good. A real throwback to 70s Carpenter (complete with synthy scare music). Pretty tense in places, but not too scary (a few jumps here and there). Very like Halloween in terms of scares (open door and he's standing there... that kind of thing..)

Worth looking up....

I finally got to watch this one. It was OK a real slasher with a bank job thrown in to give a tarinteno feel. But I couldent help thinking while watching ive id made the film, I would have done that different or id have done that better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Crap.

Crap acting, crap story... Terrible direction, flicking through 5 different camera angles in a scene where the director is trying to build tension, just does the opposite. To add tension I like the static single camera angle, where the viewer can either see the entire scene (and the killer) or can see very little. Moving the camera with the protagonist can work, but to just keep flicking to different cameras takes the viewer away from the atmosphere intended.

Also, the killings should be more graphic, as Craven did in the original Scream movie, otherwise nobody is afraid of a guy with a knife anymore, since we've seen it a million times. Show what the knife does to someone (ala Drew Barrymore) and you've immediately set up a fear element that will last throughout the movie.

Advertisement