Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst parents ever?

Options
  • 16-04-2005 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭

This Irish couple sent their adoptive son back to his Indonesian orphanage when they became pregnant. They had adopted him at two months old, and sent him back when he was over two.

Reading this has broken my heart. How could anyone be so callous?

click

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Strange. What could they possibly mean by "things weren't working out"? Two year olds have a reputation for being troublesome but apart from that, what could go wrong? If they could live with a child for so long and not get attached emotionally to him, it doesn't sound as if they're fit to be parents at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

Holy Christ. Is this for real? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

as long as they got their money back...

(If the child is an Irish citizen shouldn't he be in care in this country? )

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

I'm sure there are worse parents, but I feel sorry for the child, who knows what trauma its going/gone through. At 2 he/she can't express himself. My heart goes out to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

ether wrote:
    My heart goes out to it.

To him!!! He's a boy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

If that's what they're capable of he's probably better off away from them. that's so cruel to an innocent child.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,181 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

This reeks of a hoax... Tata & Lala as names for the wife and other child? The spelling of the surname changes repeatedly in the article... either it's a tasteless (and late) April fool's or the examiner don't bother hiring proof readers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Aint a hoax, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

click

Follow up.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

It's not a hoax. It was on RTE news on Friday. The mother already had a daughter and the couple adopted the boy from Indonesia. I think the mother is actually Malasian.

And now an American couple are hoping to adopt him but there has never been a re-adoption case in Ireland, so at the moment the law won't allow it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

From JS's links
    Dr Makmur Sunusi, of the Indonesian Ministry of Social Affairs, has said in recent days that Tristan is an Irish citizen living illegally in the country. He says the investigations have found the adoption by Mr Dowse and his wife was illegal as they did not follow procedures and had not received proper authorisation. "We can do nothing," he said. "Tristan is stateless. He should be deported because he is here without a visa."

RTE link - morning ireland - Indonesian child returned to orphanage by adoptive parents - Kiernan Gildea of the Adoption Board outlines how the board got involved in the case of three-year-old Tristan Dowse http://www.rte.ie/news/2005/0415/morningireland.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

This is really bad, Id like to see the parents getting sued by the adoption agency. How could they hand back the child after two years. As someone pointed out, this kid is definetly better off without them!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

How can the guy in the same breath say that the adoption was illegal and that the child is an Irish citizen? Surely the conditions for the latter are dependent on the former?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

That's absolutely horrible. People like that shouldn't be allowed have children.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement