Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower "cool" - in need of hot shower again

Options
  • 15-04-2005 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi folks,

have been having a few problems with sand and water...

1. over the past week, had problem with water filter. sand had got in, and had to be unblocked.

2. got this sorted, but then, the tank in the attic got blocked with sand, and we got that sorted

3. shower (triton t90i) was then only warm - when at level 10, when it would normally burn you at level 4.

4. washing machine stopped working. just fixed this today, by clearing sand from the filters going into it at the back.

question - i figure there is a blockage of sand going into the shower, and preventing the water from gettting really hot, but dont know where to go looking for a filter - if there is one. Or any other ideas....?

Cheers,
    Larry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Larry,

If the shower was fitted properly it should have a direct feed from the tank in the attic with an isolating or service valve.

You may have to turn off the water supply to the shower and remove the shower from the wall, that should allow you to flush the supply pipe and clean the inlet to the shower.

If the shower is blocked up you may have to call a Triton Service engineer, you will find them at Earthridge ltd. Maynooth, Co. Kildare.

They will either send out their own staff or have a local service agent, one thing I do like about them is their charges are reasonable.

Advertisement