Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help/Request

Options
  • 15-04-2005 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anybody could tell me how to do this or if they could do it for me. I want a new desktop background. The shut down screen on XP when the background fades to grey looks really cool and that's how I want my desktop to look.

Anybody know how to do is with PaintShop Pro? I tried messing around with the effects and colours but couldn't get it to work.

http://members.boards.ie/makaveli/BG-Before.jpg
    http://members.boards.ie/makaveli/BG-After.jpg

The after picture is how I'd like to look, obviously without that blue box in the middle of the picture.

Any tips appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

I use photoshop but PSP has many of the same features- In photoshop you would use Desaturate.. it would probably be in image adjust- whereever u adjust the brightness/contrast, you should be able to make an image monochrome..- If youre really stuck PM me with ur image attached and description of exactly what u want and Ill whip it up for u.

If youre not really into photoshoppage and just want a kool desktop check out www.pixelgirlpresents.com

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

its easy enough to do. can you provide the image that is used for the desktop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Colors > Adjust > Hue/Saturation/Lightness
    Lower the Saturation and Lightness sliders until you achive the look you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

There should be an option "Desaturate" or "Convert to greyscale".

The image (BG-After.jpg) isn't completely grey-scale though... hover the colour picker over that FCB logo and you'll see it... a very low red/brown saturation is still there, you'll see the difference if you further reduce the saturation on that image.

• Advertisement

Oh you're right, it's not grayscale.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I tried messing around with the hue/saturation/brightness settings but couldn't get it to look anyway near the same as the after picture. I'm pretty crap with PSP anyway, so that was no surprise.

The original picture is attatched if any of you fancy giving it a shot.
    Thanks for the replies.

Here ya go:

barcalogo4ai.jpg

*Cough*... if you'd just set your desktop wallpaper to 'tiled', you could have print-screened and cropped-to-selection one of them in PSP.

*Cough*... if you'd just set your desktop wallpaper to 'tiled', you could have print-screened and cropped-to-selection one of them in PSP.
    ;) What I did was open the original picture in photopaint and then click start>Turn off computer and then took a screenshot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Bah, never thought of that.

Cheers NotMe.

Advertisement