Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athy - any good?

Options
  • 14-04-2005 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭

I'll be building a house just outside Athy in the next year (got a free site) and don't know much about it other than an occasional night out in Murphys and the new place beside the bridge.

Anyone from here or living here that can give me some idea of what it's like?

cheers all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

my mothers from there and i've been going there all my life
    the night life is pretty ****, full of aul fellas pubs, as you said The Castle near the bridge is the newest pub and probably the best with a night club upstairs, the only other one would be the Emigrant (sp?) in the square, you're best off going to Carlow to the Dinn Rí for the night life, you can book a taxi to bring you out and back for a fixed price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Has its fair share of troublemakers, but every town is like that. For shops there is probably more options in the boot of your car. Nightlife is ok to go out for a few pints but try not to upset the locals they can be a rough bunch.
    If you want to go to a club it is either Carlow town or Naas. There is 2 local clubs one over the castle inn or dare I say it pedigree corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 twinkie

you could just sell it!!!!!
    Athy ain't that nice a place anymore

Advertisement