Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with jagged image

Options
  • 14-04-2005 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

I have an aerial photograph image (in TIFF format) and I need to "blow up" a particular area of the image. When I zoom in on the area the buildings in the appear to have jagged edges.
    In its present format the image is 12.7cm X 9.53cm with a resolution of 400 pixels/inch. I have tried increasing the resolution, reducing the size of the image etc but to no avail. I would appreciate any assistance or words of wisdom and I can forward a piece of the image if any body would like to play with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

This is near impossible sorry.
    Unlike CSI their is no enhance command after you zoom in.
    Information that is not their cannot be added automatically, however manual drawing of the jagged edges will work although it is time consuming.

forward the image on so we can show you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I had a look at the image and Im afraid that although it is possible it will take days not hours.
    It appears that the image was compressed badly or enlarged already.
    I think that if you go back to the source image you may get a better sample to work with.

Advertisement