Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saul Williams

Options
  • 13-04-2005 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

I heard Saul first on Lyricist Lounge, on Ohm, and thought it was pretty good song but his album cover always put me off Amethyst Rock Star

413182.jpg
    Looked a little bit bluesy too me but I picked it up yesterday for cheap off a mate and there's some top class tunes on it. Penny for a Thought standing head and shoulders above most of the things I've heard recently.

Anyway, I heard he's got a new album out and was wondering if anyone knew anything else about him or had heard him too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Have Amethyst Rock Star, tis pretty good.
    That's all I've heard though, I'm not a massive Anticon fan tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭curious_george

His new (well over here anyway) album is available in Tower, there's one class track with Zach de la Rocha, however his first album is better; as you said Penny for a Thought is amazing, IMO one of the best hip-hop tracks for a while.

The other stand out track is 'Our Father', which begins with a speech from a Reverend about being a father (ironically the Reverend is Saul's father).

Saul also appeared on Blackalicious's last album, 'Blazing Arrow', on the excellent 'Release' (which also features Zach).

All in all one of the most unique hip-hop artists in a while.

Advertisement